5'3", 147 pounds, looking for friends, exercises, or suggest

Options
:heart: Hiii there!!
i'm 5'3" and 147 pounds, but I'm pretty sure most of the weight is in my 38DD boobs haha. Nonetheless, my ultimate goal weight right now is 120 depending on how I look and feel along the way.
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who wants to help me out, has any advice, wanna be my buddy, or anything like that!
And if anyone who's already gone through this know like... when change begins to happen, then it'd be great to hear about your stories too!
Hope to hear back from someone soon! :o)

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" as well, but I'm at around 160lbs right now. I can agree with the boob part though, I always joke that I should get a waiver for my upper chest area when we have weigh-ins. Anyway, about 4 years ago I lost about 60 lbs and was at 120. I know changes happened, but it was unnoticeable to myself until I had coworkers pointing it out. However that was different, I worked in a bookstore and became vegan, this time I'm in the military and I work out about 8-9 times a week, 6 of them being 1.5-2hr sessions of cardio and weight training. So to answer your question...I have no idea, and I'm rambling.
  • keistinautumn
    Options
    Damn! You go girl :D Haha. Well I'd be super pleased to try and motivate each other!! I've been trying to eat less calories in the day and I've been doing the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred every day for a week... but I still don't know if that's enough. Thakns for replying though!! :)
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/374412-finally-after-6-months-37-lbs-i-m-ready-to-share

Hi there, here's my story if you want to read how I got down from 157 (yikes!) to 120. I'm 5' 2.5" and lost 37 pounds total, am now in maintenance. I did the 30-Day Shred, Ripped in 30, 6 Week 6 Pack, and am still branching out. One thing to point out is that it will take time to see results. A week is a great investment, but you may not see truly noticeable results for many weeks to come. For me, it took 5-6 weeks to see REAL results, but that's me. Remember that you are changing things from the inside out, so even if you can't see results, things are happening! Good luck!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!!
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    i'm 5'2 and i started at 165 and got down to 121. I stopped working out and now im back at 135-137 so im getting back on track to get back down to 120. Feel free to add me :)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Have you tried kickboxing? I do a bit of that twice a week and it's incredibly fun, plus it makes you feel like a badass.
  • melodymist
    melodymist Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) we can share and exchange tips!
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm 5'2", 148 looking to lose around 10 for starters
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    I am 5 5 and currently at 158. My lowest weight was 122 but i felt too thin up top then. 126 is my goal weight. I am getting there again but it is taking time. I am determined to do it this time and stick to it.
    What is 6 week 6 pack like? I just ordered it and would like a little rundown if ok?
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 and half and just reached 148lbs, after losing 27lbs. I'd like to get to 133lbs cos thats what Wii Fit says I should be and I've had the game for ages and want to finish it by reaching the weight it says I should be!

Any exercise you can manage to do everyday will help or even if you just have a physical job and are always on the go. I've also used a low carb diet to help kick start my weight loss as I'm more restricted to what I can manage physically, but not doing bad... only 1 lb now off my '2 stone lost' (28lbs) goal which will put me at very top end of healthy for my height!

I've gone from UK size 20 in June to a 16 and I just got some size 14-16 PJ's the other day which I was thrilled I can fit in!!! :laugh:
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am 5 5 and currently at 158. My lowest weight was 122 but i felt too thin up top then. 126 is my goal weight. I am getting there again but it is taking time. I am determined to do it this time and stick to it.
    What is 6 week 6 pack like? I just ordered it and would like a little rundown if ok?

It has two workouts, a beginner level and an advanced level. It uses one weight, HIIT, and gets you in a sweat if you work hard. There are some core exercises, but since it's common knowledge that just doing crunches isn't going to get you a six-pack, the exercises also work on burning all-over fat. In particular, the advanced level has a five-minute warm-up, one-handed weight exercises like hammer lunges, side abduction, standing crunches, leg-weight pass-throughs, bicycles (on the floor), t-stand kicks, burpees, regular crunches, and mountain climbers. I missed a few in there, but you get the idea.
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    Thank you! Looking forward to it arriving!!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/374412-finally-after-6-months-37-lbs-i-m-ready-to-share

Hi there, here's my story if you want to read how I got down from 157 (yikes!) to 120. I'm 5' 2.5" and lost 37 pounds total, am now in maintenance. I did the 30-Day Shred, Ripped in 30, 6 Week 6 Pack, and am still branching out. One thing to point out is that it will take time to see results. A week is a great investment, but you may not see truly noticeable results for many weeks to come. For me, it took 5-6 weeks to see REAL results, but that's me. Remember that you are changing things from the inside out, so even if you can't see results, things are happening! Good luck!

I agree. I just started 30 Day Shred and after only 3 days ordered Ripped in 30. I'll probably get 6W6P next. They are awesome DVDs that you can do in the comfort of your own home and I know 30DS is only 20 min. But don't let that fool you; it's a workout! My core has never been stronger and it's only been 8 days. I can't wait to see the results after 30.

Good story, too, btw.
  • drgirlfriend0
    Options
    Im nearly 5'4 and 150 (highest weight ive been in years) trying to get down to at least 140. 126 would be ideal. Feel free to add
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I suggest some cardio kickboxing (I love TurboFire) Jillian Michaels is great too:) (I do-- No More Trouble Zones, Killer Buns&Thighs)
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity and Looking out for a twin for my journey.. :)

height: 5'3"
    SW: 172
    CW: 1169
    GW: 125-130 (I'll see/know when I get there).

Feel free to add me!
  • veganxfemme
    Options
    I'm pretty much on par with you height abd weight. I'm 5'4" abd 148
    Looking to be 140 and see where I want to go from there.

If you don't have the money for a DVD system, YouTube has a pretty promising
    Regime called be fit in 90, best thing is that it's free! I'm planning
    To start it tomorrow, and I'd love a buddy to motivate!

Even if you don't, it'd be nice to add each other as friends since our starting
    points and end points are essentially the same!

Health and happiness to you!
  • sarahdee2007
    Options

I just read your thread! So great to hear stories like that! I admire your dedication (ESP. Laps in the basement! Lol) congrats on your success!
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi All..I'm new to MFP, signed up 3 dys ago after recommendations by an online friend who lost over 30 lbs. and by my doctor who also is a member.

I am 5'4", I have my full "story" is on my profile but basically I was ill in 2008 and was out-of-commission for over a year. Despite a healthy diet (most of the time :tongue: ), I went from130 to 163...my highest weight ever! I hated the way I looked and felt so as soon as I could start exercising again, I vowed to lose weight. I finally was able to exercise but I have to starat slowly due to having fibromyalgia...but slow is better than none. I journaled what I ate and found a few things to cut out of my diet that I really didn't need. In 5 months, I lost 18 lbs....I was thrilled, still a way to go but I was feeling more like myself and getting toned :happy: . I had to take a break due to multiple things going on in my life, especially moving my elderly Dad up our way, but maintained the weight loss. I was going to resume the healthy eating and exercise in October but got hit with several back-to-back illnesses and gained some weight back on due to having to take prednisone for a month. So I;m starting now at 153, my hope was to get back to 130 again but got a shocker when my doctor said I should weight 145. Hmmm, think i want to get lower but for now I'm aiming for 145 and will go from there. The main thing is taking the weight off, keeping it off and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Since being on MFP, I've been drinking more water, exercising again (albeit short periods for now) and keeping track of the calories...they sure add up fast but I've been under my limit every day.

Feel free to add me..I love meeting new people and, being a nurse (although not working right now), I care about and encourage others. I also like to be positive and have a sense of humor. We all can do this together!!
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's me, 5'3 147 pounds currently. I started at 153 lbs. My goal weight is 130 lbs but then I'll change it to 125 lbs once I reached it. Small, baby steps :) feel free to add me.