wants to buy a scale

Options
So, does anyone recommend a brand of bathroom scale that I can weigh myself in on weekly? Something that'll start at 300+ and go down from there! :)

Replies

• crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Personally, I use the mirror and "feel" how my clothes fit...scales are going to vary from floor to floor, place to place, gym and home.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Mine is a weight watchers scale...goes up to 350 I believe.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The most important feature to a scale is the ability to track changes. Your actual weight isn't quite as big of a deal as your changes. So when you look up ratings, don't worry too much about initial accuracy. You aren't selling product off of it.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I had to have one that went over 450 originally. You can find some good ones at livingxl.com
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Walmart, but I don't recall max weight for the cheap one I bought. While you are there, get measuring tape, much beret than a scale for measuring changes.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one that also tracks body fat %, bone mass, muscle mass, and hydration levels - and it tracks changes. It was like $30 and goes up to 440 lbs.

For me, I feel like that will be a much better indicator of my progress than the weight.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even remotely rely on that scale being accurate, I am sorry, not being a downer, but a scale can only effectively measure weight. It cannot possibly tell you how much muscle/fat/hydration by you standing on it. But the price is pretty good given the weight load limit.
  • zombiemusicgirl
    zombiemusicgirl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    tanita is incredibly accurate. The body fat monitor is pretty good on mine as well.
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have the red Weight Watchers one that was about $25. It has been very consistent for me. Plus it makes the bathroom look more cheerful. :-)

http://www.target.com/p/Weight-Watchers-Glass-Scale-Red/-/A-13438765?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|13438765&CPNG=home&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13438765