Veggie burger recipe?

Options
Hi, I'm trying to find a recipe for veggie bugers. I don't want to keep buying boca when I can make them myself. Anybody care to share Thanks

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I don't have a recipe for veggie burgers for you- only turkey burgers if you're interested. But, I just want to suggest the new Boca Tomato Basil Bruchetta burgers- they are phenominal!!:love: I know you said you don't want to keep buying burgers if you can make your own, but they are pretty tasty... even if you just keep a box in the freeze as a "just in case" meal... that's what I do :flowerforyou: Good luck finding a recipe :smile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I had had a recipe some time ago... basically something along these lines:

1 cup TVP
    1 cup water
    2 tbsp ketchup
    2 tbsp bbq sauce
    1 tbsp liquid smoke
    1 tbsp liquid aminos
    1 can black beans
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    1-2 cups of whole wheat flour****

Mix all liquid ingredients together in one dish, then add to tvp and allow to soak until expanded (about 20 minutes or so). Pour off any extra liquid. Mix in black beans and brown rice. slowly begin adding flour by the tbsp until the mixture can sticks together enough to form patties. Put the patties on a greased cookie sheet - greasing is important or these things WILL stick.

I can't remember the time to be honest, I think it was about 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees, I haven't made them in awhile so you may have to play around but I think that sounds right.

They were pretty decent, a lot of protein and fiber. Not too terribly much sodium.
  • oatmealie
    oatmealie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This one has a lot of ingredients, but it tastes awesome and isn't hard to make!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/morgans-veggie-patties-recipe/index.html