Gazpacho season is almost here!!!

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
I love Gazpacho and you can't get much fresher or healthier than all the wonderful fresh vegetables in this. You can eat it as a cold refreshing soup on a hot summer day, you can use it as a salsa. As a fresh sauce for mexican food. It works in so many ways. You can leave out veggies you don't like or throw in ones you do. Here is my favorite Smoky Gazpacho recipe, I keep a huge tub of it in my fridge all summer long. It is super easy to make, Enjoy!

Smoky Gazpacho
-4 cups home-grown tomatoes
-1 cucumber (medium large)
-1 ½ cups sweet Vidalia onion
- 1 roasted jalapeno
-1/2 roasted red bell pepper
-1/2 roasted yellow bell pepper
-1 head of roasted garlic
-1/2 cup chopped cilantro
-1/2 lime juice
-1/2 lemon juice
-1 Tblsp EVOO
-1/2 Tblsp balsamic vinegar (or other suitable vinegar)
-cumin, salt, garlic salt and pepper to taste
-texas pete chipotle hot sauce (or other suitable)
-1/2 Tblsp worcesthire sauce
-1 Tblsp honey

Heat oven to 375 degrees, leave garlic together, cut off the top so bulbs are slightly exposed, drizzle with evoo and wrap in tinfoil, cut up bell pepper and jalapeno in large slices place on foil with garlic and roast for about 15-20 minutes, take garlic and flip over bulbs should squeeze right out. Place all vegetable ingredients in a food processor blend until you are happy with the consistency add the rest of the ingredients to taste. Chill for at least an hour, add avocado when serving if wanted.

Replies

• kkoshiro
    kkoshiro Posts: 69
    Options
    I love Gazpacho and you can't get much fresher or healthier than all the wonderful fresh vegetables in this. You can eat it as a cold refreshing soup on a hot summer day, you can use it as a salsa. As a fresh sauce for mexican food. It works in so many ways. You can leave out veggies you don't like or throw in ones you do. Here is my favorite Smoky Gazpacho recipe, I keep a huge tub of it in my fridge all summer long. It is super easy to make, Enjoy!

Smoky Gazpacho
    -4 cups home-grown tomatoes
    -1 cucumber (medium large)
    -1 ½ cups sweet Vidalia onion
    - 1 roasted jalapeno
    -1/2 roasted red bell pepper
    -1/2 roasted yellow bell pepper
    -1 head of roasted garlic
    -1/2 cup chopped cilantro
    -1/2 lime juice
    -1/2 lemon juice
    -1 Tblsp EVOO
    -1/2 Tblsp balsamic vinegar (or other suitable vinegar)
    -cumin, salt, garlic salt and pepper to taste
    -texas pete chipotle hot sauce (or other suitable)
    -1/2 Tblsp worcesthire sauce
    -1 Tblsp honey

Heat oven to 375 degrees, leave garlic together, cut off the top so bulbs are slightly exposed, drizzle with evoo and wrap in tinfoil, cut up bell pepper and jalapeno in large slices place on foil with garlic and roast for about 15-20 minutes, take garlic and flip over bulbs should squeeze right out. Place all vegetable ingredients in a food processor blend until you are happy with the consistency add the rest of the ingredients to taste. Chill for at least an hour, add avocado when serving if wanted.

Can you also provide the servings and nutritional facts please???
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've never tried gazpacho! I keep meaning to but haven't. This summer I am making it FOR SURE! I got a ton of tomatoes, peppers and more that I'm planting, plus I get a ton of veggies from my CSA! Thanks for the recipe! Do you blend in the avocado or add chunks?

I Can't Wait!!
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    I can't provide the number of servings but I did add it in under my foods so here is all the info I have on the nutrition of it the last time I made it. You can eat A LOT of it for very few calories YAY!!

Serving size: 1 cup

Calories 73 Sodium 194 mg
    Total Fat 2 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 13 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 3 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

Just a side note but sorry when I made it I only kept up with the calories, sodium, fat, carbs and protein. The sodium also might be a bit off.
  • AvocadoPit
    AvocadoPit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I <3 Gazpacho! Can't wait!
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    bumping to good and healthy to not spread it around
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Oh my...thank you SO much! I adore Gazpacho! There's a restaurant near me that makes some delicious gazpacho, but I am super excited to try a recipe from someone who has made it already instead of trying one from a cookbook!
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the recipe! I've never tried Gazpacho. I'm not a picky sort, but cold soup always seemed like an oddity to me. However, you've motivated me to try it out!
  • blueberry67
    Options
    Bump
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    This looks so good! I'm starving right now:laugh: Thanks for posting!
  • tstorr
    tstorr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    AAhhh I need to make some of this now. haha