Junkfood Junky

Options
Hi all! My name is Veronica and I'm a junkfood junky. Well, it's actually more than just junk, it's about everything that tastes good but is reaaally bad. I guess crap would be a more suitable word for my choice of food. Anyways, this looks like a great place to help keep me on track with my new goals.

Replies

• MsJantell
    Options
    Veronica,

Since you now know that you are eating a lot of junk food, it is going to be extremely easy for you to start eating healthy. I too like eating snacks that are crunchey and salty, but I know these foods are not good for me nor is these types of foods helping me to losing my undesired weight. :bigsmile:

I am now eating more fruits, nuts without salt for snacks. There are chips that are unsalty but eating too many healthy chips can also pack on the pounds. In my opinion, it is not always what you are eating; it is the volume to how much you are eating.

Veronica, I know you can slowly stop eating junk food because you already know that you are eating foods that are not good for you. So today Veronica, I encourage you to instead of eating junk foods -- try eating a few carrots and perhaps at the end of the day if you really need to reward yourself with a junk food eat only a few bites of it.

Keep us posted, but I have no doubt that you cannot stop eating junk food. You perhaps may have a goal of losing your unwanted pounds so why not make today that day of journeying on this venture of losing these unwanted pounds.

Best wishes! You have a fan cheering for you. :smile:
  • iKarma
    iKarma Posts: 6
    Options
    Haha, I am a junkfood junky as well. I love lil debbie cakes and pretty much anything ice cream related.

It was hard at first to try and ween myself off of sweets... and I eventually got to the point where I'm like "Ok, I can't get off of it, but I can eat less of this junk.". I found it easier for me to not get off of the "good" stuff that's actually bad for you... I just eat less of it. As long as I don't go overboard then I'm good. Good luck with your goals. Remember you can do it, just takes time and patience. :)
  • Veronica_Taylor
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to say I love your name! :wink:

And good luck with your goals!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Veronica. I'm a fellow "crap food" junkie, but I'm slowly changing that...well, trying to. :smile: Welcome to MFP.
  • missbabybee
    Options
    I love my junk food too, but somebody on MFP set me straight. I wish I remember who it was who said:

"LOVE YOURSELF MORE THAN THE FOOD."

Whenever I start craving foods that pack on pounds and clogs arteries, that pops into my head. Probably one of the best bits of advice I've got so far...
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I love my ice cream too :happy: . In fact, I have some nearly every night after dinner. I choose 'no sugar added' brand and keep the portions small, but I still get to have some of what I love. I just make sure I add it to my daily food plan ahead of time, to make sure I don't go over my calorie goals.

Hey, a girl's gotta have some fun, hmm?
  • AmandaJ12
    AmandaJ12 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm in the same boat! Good Luck!

267386.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter