Take a BEFORE pic, you WILL regret it if you don't !!

Options

I mean, get someone else to hold the camera, or set a timer, to take a full, head to toe, in the tightest & least amount of clothes that you feel comfortable 'enough' in ( & can get away with posting here on MFP :wink: ) ... AND/OR take one wearing a daggy pair of 'fat pants' so you can do the 'now I fit into ONE leg of my old pants' shot or the good old 'hold out the waist band to show all the missing inches' :happy: & make sure it's in good light !!!

I KNOW you don't want to do it & it is embarrassing & depressing & you hate photo's of your body & you want to destroy all evidence of a less-than-perfect you ... & ... & ... but pleeeease be brave for just a moment & trust me !!

You WILL lose weight, and aren't the success stories with photos in the other section just AMAZING !!?? That will be you one day soon !! :flowerforyou:

If you don't take that before shot you will be kicking yourself like I am right now !! :noway: I am so annoyed that I do not have a 'before' to put side-by-side with my 'after' :grumble:

:heart:

Replies

• buffon85
    buffon85 Posts: 14
    Options
    you are sooooo right! i lost 10 kilos and i regreeet it that i don't have a photo... i only have a photo with clothes that you can;t tell the difference... but now that i started exercising i took my BEFORE photo so that i can see the results!!!and ofcourse post them! take a photo every month and enjoy your results!! :D
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've been regretting that for 4 years now. :sad:
  • JoCam127
    JoCam127 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 kgs total now, since I was at my heaviest & started actively trying to lose weight ... still have about 7kg to go, but I am so much happier with how I look, loving having a jawline & a collarbone & it is obvious to everyone that I have lost weight, but ughhhh damnit !! :angry:
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wish i had taken b4 and after pics of my body i got 1 of my face and i can tell a huge difference
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    so true.. I didnt, and I regret it BIG time
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options

If you don't take that before shot you will be kicking yourself like I am right now !! :noway: I am so annoyed that I do not have a 'before' to put side-by-side with my 'after' :grumble:

:heart:
    I am in the same boat as you. I didn't take any before pictures and I hate not being able to compare my 19 lb loss so far:sad: ...
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I took one from a month ago and compared with this month, HOLY HELL!! the difference!! I am soooo in agreement with this thread :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I didn't think of this at all.
    I just started my weight loss journey and have only begun to lose weight (2 lbs.) So, I haven't been doing this long enough to see results in the mirror, so I'm at the perfect time to take a good "before" photo. I will do so tomorrow morning :)
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I have been taking pictures every week. I just want abs SO bad.
  • I just took Before photos! Thanks for the reminder:)
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yes because the day may likely be coming when the scale stops or even goes up no matter what you do and those pics are going to keep you going. I didn't lose an ounce between Sept and late December this last year, but I kept taking pics every few weeks and could see the changes the scale doesn't tell you about.

I only wish I hadn't waited to lose the first 21 pounds before I would get in front of the camera. :/
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat! lost 50 lb and have nothing good to compare to! take your pics!!
  • JoCam127
    Options
    Oh man, I didn't think of this at all.
    I just started my weight loss journey and have only begun to lose weight (2 lbs.) So, I haven't been doing this long enough to see results in the mirror, so I'm at the perfect time to take a good "before" photo. I will do so tomorrow morning :)

So glad to have helped, don't forget now !! :wink:
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    So true. Go do it now. No one but you ever has to see it!
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken one 20 pounds ago, but I am starting to do that monthly, going to make it into some sort of fat-colleague I guess later to remind me to never go back there again.
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did and I can see a major difference! Soooo glad I did. It really helped me to keep pushing forward :)
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My before, during and present pics are on my ticker and profile pic! I am soooo pleased I took them now! Even though I look bloody horrible in the before's. I have only lost 2.3lbs in the past couple of months I have lost inches!!! DO IT DO IT DO IT x
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    Thankfully i have taken pics weekly, most are on my profile...the first few weeks i couldn't see any differences, my husband disagreed with me and tried to point out how well id done already.
    Now when i look at them i cant believe the change. :smile: Having the pics keeps me going, i dont want to go back to looking like that.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I took a before pic the other day and I have the picture that gave me a kick up the butt because it was posted on facebook and I was like, oh my word - yikes! Can't wait for the day where I can put a picture up and think, ha :) (on facebook that is) x
  • JoCam127
    Options
    I just took Before photos! Thanks for the reminder:)

You're welcome !! :happy: