Help! Am I lightly active or active?

Options
I don't know whether to keep my profile at 'lighty active' or 'active'.
I work 4-5 days a week and the shifts are usually 9 to 12 hours long.. yeah, it's a long day. And I get about a 30 minute break, if that. I work in a takeaway shop most days and one or two days sometimes I work as a waitress in a different shop. At the takeaway I am on my feet ALL day, serving, preparing food, cleaning, mopping, cooking, lifting up boxes, etc., although sometimes when it's quiet it will be a an hour or two of just standing *note-i'm still standing, not sitting*. But I only wait one day a week depending on my roster.
On my days off I am generally active, I will walk for most of the day around my town/ clean the house etc. as well as dancing sometimes and general callisthenics. But to be honest some days when I am off work (like today) I just go 'okay, i am just doing nothing today' and do just that. My work is for the most part exhausting. I mean sometimes I work for 12 STRAIGHT hours.
I just am not sure if that counts as being active though, because it only has a few examples of what 'active' is.
Just wanted to be sure.
Thanks guys!
xxx

Replies

• happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    do u do any workouts or do you just work?
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You are most definitely lightly active!
  • mooresters5
    Options
    Definitely Active!
  • ichangedmyname3
    ichangedmyname3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of incidental exercise like walking around all day, and I often do short dance workouts or callisthenics.
  • ichangedmyname3
    Options
    I replied further down the post- I'm a noob.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'd say probably active... but the best way to judge is to set one, eat those cals (plus your exercise cals) and see how your weight loss goes over the next month of so.
    If you are losing weight faster or slower, then you can change things around.
  • ichangedmyname3
    Options
    I've had it on active and I've lost weight pretty steadily, about one to two pounds a week for the past 3 weeks.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'd say you are active, for sure.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I actually meant, you are ACTIVE not lightly active :) Sorry! :) Honestly I agree with the person who says do a little experimenting, but as much as you are on your feet and you do get excercise on top of that, you are more active than the general population I would say.