Protein powder taste

Options
Masterdo
Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
Hi there!

I am looking for good suggestions of protein powders, with special attention to the taste... I thought I would not care about that aspect, but I bought Vega Performance Proteins, vanilla flavored a while back at a healthy food convention. I am not vegan, but thought it would be interesting to try it... what a bad idea... The taste is pretty much impossible to describe politely...

So yeah, what brand/flavors do you like and would suggest?

Replies

• gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is by far the best tasting protein I've ever had. Rocky Road flavor feels like a cheat meal lol

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html;jsessionid=25A39AE3C03FDB2A1AC789945F309016
  • jakeycork
    jakeycork Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Get some oneon nutrition whey. Dirt cheap and tastes epic,
  • Masterdo
    Options
    Thanks a ton... I just finished my shake with the Vega proteins, and so far it's MUCH harder to finish the shakes than the runs... and they are not cheap either, 2 pounds was the same price as 5 pounds of ON protein you linked.

Thanks again!
  • Masterdo
    Options
    Get some oneon nutrition whey. Dirt cheap and tastes epic,

Your first post to answer my question, I feel honored :)

Thanks for your suggestion!
  • jakeycork
    jakeycork Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    No problem dude. Oneon is all i use now, and i have probably tried every protein going!!!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Worst tasting chocolate whey? Cytosport 100% Whey (mines from Costco)... only like 55c a serving...

I have to plug my nose to drink it... as soon as I open the bag it hits me and makes me gag. Not cool.

Vanilla was fine! :D