Snack Ideas

Options
So, after work, I usually eat a snack. Lately, that snack has been nonfat yogurt. I bought some Fage, and it's amazing--but, 340g of yogurt is a lot of yogurt to eat, and I'm eating that much to get my calories for the day. Any suggestions on something a little sweet, but still good for you? I don't need cookies or anything--right now, yogurt and peanut butter is plenty sweet for me!

Replies

• Teapotdomescam
    Options
    How about strawberries? I just had some right now, can't believe how AMAZING they are :D Or, granola? Granola is delicious plain. My favorite snack is trail mix or dried bananas. Can't go wrong with those babies.
  • hg345
    hg345 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love grapes. If you keep them in the fridge so they stay hard, mmm. haha they're so good at solving my cravings for sweet things and you can even put them with the yoghurt :)
  • RickyRaj
    RickyRaj Posts: 25
    Options
    A couple of fruit items - apples, pears, handful of blueberries etc
  • suzibanshee
    suzibanshee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    fresh, cold, cut up pinapple :)
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    All seasonal fruit or fruit salad

Nuts but they're rich so eat handful a day and use different nuts each day so you don't get bored

Dry fruits each time different kind - they're rich as well and contains concentrated sugar but it's easily digested

Dry fruits, nuts and yoghurt breakfast bars

Brie, Cheddar, Havarti or any fav cheese and wheat crackers - once a week they're rich as well

Philadelphia cream cheese with carrots and celery sticks

Mini muffins are low calories and moderately sweet without icing of course or savoury version with different vegetable base

Mix and much above depend on your mood or cravings
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I ended up eating prugne con prosciutto cotto e provolone today.
  • cbarns
    cbarns Posts: 19
    Options
    Someone said celery and cream cheese, but i usually do celery and hummus (alot healthier)
  • _Schatzi_
    _Schatzi_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of baby carrots. They satisfy the need to chomp on something and will usually help stave off hunger pains until I can get dinner going. Also, they are very low in calories and full of good vitamins!