Cheap dinners please!

Options
Hi all,

So monday to friday I cut carbs at dinner time. So i normally get a big fresh salad with protein and LOADS of veg. It comes to about £5 or £6 (im in the UK). I love my salads BUT i'm getting a bit bored of them plus i would ideally like to spend less on my dinner.

Any good ideas? I eat my dinner on the way home as we don't get home til late and have a nice 3 hour journey home. So need something on-the-go!

Thanks everyone! xxx

Replies

• hg345
    hg345 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you putting avacado in your salad at the moment? Good source of good fats and protein and its super yummy! I love my salads but I have a problem with pricing, I'm normally on a budget of £20 a week which could be stretched under my new diet hopes!
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Are you putting avacado in your salad at the moment? Good source of good fats and protein and its super yummy! I love my salads but I have a problem with pricing, I'm normally on a budget of £20 a week which could be stretched under my new diet hopes!

Tell me about it!!! it is expensive this healthy eating lark!! :)

Im not a great lover of avocado unfortunately! thank you tho! xxx
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I raid Aldi for their Six Of The Best deals each week. Keeps the cost down to a reasonable level.
  • RickyRaj
    RickyRaj Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm in the uk too! How about a protein and salad wrap as an alternative? Occasionally I go for a chicken kebab with salad (shish not doner) as this is similar to BBQing meat and low in fat. Another suggestion is the chicken pieces (already cooked) you can get in most supermarkets.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Not on the go,
    but I have whiting fish with steamed veg...
    mayb if u can eat when u get home,
    yes this healthy eating lark is expensive
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    How about homemade soup taken in a flask? That works out pretty cheap and is filling and nutritious and needn't have too many carbs.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I tend to do a big batch of roasted vegetables (garlic cloves, red & white onions, courgette, mushrooms, tomatoes, sweet potato, pepper & aubergine) & mix in some couscous, it's lovely hot or cold & can easily go in a plastic tub. It's really filling as well & cheap as it would only cost £6 to make a batch that would last you two or 3 days (depending on portion size).