Zumba Wii VS Zumba DVD

Options
One thing I dont care about is how Zumba Wii has small tiny breaks between songs I know not a huge deal - I jump in place to stay active BUT I was curious do the dvds pause? Do you recommend getting the DVDS or just keep my wii ?

Replies

• Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in knowing how the DVDs differ from the game as well (other than the obvious interactions).
  • mrshickey
    Options
    bump i have the wii game but an answer to this question would be great
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Zumba for Wii but I do have the DVDs and there is a very slight transition between the songs. I will say that between the DVDs and a class with an instructor, the DVDs are a much faster pace. I was getting pretty frustrated the first few times I tried it but, like everything, it just takes practice.
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hi, i just unwrapped the zumba dvd's i purchased last night, it looks v fast pace.. (zumba fitness) will need a bit of patient practise but seems like a good idea for the winter
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I received Zumba Wii for Christmas and I do think as a workout tool, it is very very good. However, visually I find it boring.
    In the past I've used aerobic VHS (showing my age) and DVDs and I think watching a real person, abs, muscles, toned legs is an added motivation to doing a workout.
    So I am definately in the market for a Zumba DVD.
  • bryonysten
    Options
    Zumba DVDs are definitely fast paced, I can't really stay with them yet. The Wii is easier, and obviously instant feedback, but the graphics aren't great as someone else said.
    I like mixing it up with loads of different things, I think thats the key.
  • Nanamo2012
    Nanamo2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have both, which i havnt tried, this afternoon i put on the wii and found you cant pause !! Showing my age i need small breaks with dvd,s i can play them on the ps3 and laptop and can easily pause. Not sure which i am going to prefer !!!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I dont care for the breaks either. I use them to drink some water. I havent used the dvd's so not sure if they have breaks as well
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i have zumba for the xbox, the zumba dvds, and I attend zumba class twice a week. personally, i like the live class the best but to choose an at home method, i think i like the video game version better. the dvds are pretty hard and i dunno, a little cheesy lol. and there is not much rest time on any version - but that 's the point - to keep your heart rate in 'the zone' for as long as possible.
    yay zumba!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I just have Zumba 2 for Wii. I get water during the small breaks. I think you can pause (pressing B or home on the remote). I do think the graphics are a little dull, but I love the fact that it gives you some type of confirmation that it is registering your movements.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    There is a shorter rest time between songs in the DVD's, I like the amount of rest time in the game though so I'm not missing any of the workout trying to get my drink or test my heart rate. It's a personal preference, whatever floats your boat. I will say I kinda like the activate and mix dvd's better then the actual exhilarate dvd. I don't know why, but I do.

P.S. Did any of you guys who don't quite like the graphics own the first game? I find them a vast improvement on the last one (just my opinion). Were there things you liked more from the first game?
  • TinamarZDF
    TinamarZDF Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The DVD's are so much better IMO. I've used both and I like to blare it to get more motivation :)
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    weemaff, from memory its A to pause, then A to start again.