rewards for pounds lost

Options
is anyone rewarding themselves with something at a certain amount of pounds lost as motivation? if so what is it?

i only have about 30lbs to lose, but i was thinking about rewarding myself with something at each 10lb lost mark. i haven't thought about what those rewards would be yet, but i thought it would be fun and motivating! nothin wrong with spoiling yourself every now and then ;)

Replies

• xlolitabandita
    Options
    I rewared myself with a new tattoo on my new and not-flabby arms. I then again rewarded myself with a new dress when I was able to fit a size 7. It's just another thing to help keep you motivated! When i meet my goal, I plan on buying one of those expensive bakinis from Victoria's Secret. =]
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I'm saving up for all the cute clothes I'm going to be buying!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You could try $1 in a jar. I'm also doing that for workouts. $1 each day that I workout, as well as $1 per lb (since I slacked on workouts at the beginning of the year - I figure I'll give myself an extra $30 this year, haha)
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I rewared myself with a new tattoo on my new and not-flabby arms. I then again rewarded myself with a new dress when I was able to fit a size 7. It's just another thing to help keep you motivated! When i meet my goal, I plan on buying one of those expensive bakinis from Victoria's Secret. =]

love those dang expensive bikinis from vs! they are so cute!
  • ashprather
    Options
    You could try $1 in a jar. I'm also doing that for workouts. $1 each day that I workout, as well as $1 per lb (since I slacked on workouts at the beginning of the year - I figure I'll give myself an extra $30 this year, haha)

thats a good idea!
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Yes, and I plan on looking AWESOME in it. My new smaller, cup size could probably also use the extra help. LOL
  • ashprather
    Options
    I'm saving up for all the cute clothes I'm going to be buying!

woot woot! yay for new wardrobes!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am keeping a change jar all the money i previously spent on snacks and junkfood get dropped in the jar so when i lose the weight i can go clothes shopping without killing my family budget
  • ashprather
    Options
    Yes, and I plan on looking AWESOME in it. My new smaller, cup size could probably also use the extra help. LOL

LOL! amen to that! same here!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    My first goal was to get into the 100's. I bought a Coach purse and wallet when I started and got to look at them in my closet daily for 3 months till I reached that goal.

My next goal is to get to 166. That was the weight I was just before my first pregnancy. My reward for this goal is going to be Jewelry. Not sure what, will see what my fave jeweler has next weekend then plan for it when we are back in Whitefish in July.

I've set bigger goals as I am working on losing 120 lbs.
  • buffon85
    buffon85 Posts: 14
    Options
    My reward is the new clothes i am buying that i can fit in!! (or the old clothes that i wear again)!!now you can get yourself small rewards for every 5 or 10 libres like a lipstick or a new nail polish!
  • Pippalea74
    Pippalea74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Instead of rewards for pounds lost I am rewarding myself for meeting my monthly excersize and nutrition goals.
    Rewards such as: pedicures; new workout clothes; massage;
    My end result is to create a lifestyle change so I am trying to focus more on changing my habits rather than
    the number on the scale.
  • buffon85
    buffon85 Posts: 14
    Options
    you are so right!sometimes we forget that it's about the change of our lifestyle to a healthier one, with more exercise and healthier foods and we focuse more on the pounds and the numbers!!you have a great reward system! :)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose, but at 50 pounds I bought some new clothes (other than a couple new outfits, I have been been "closet" shopping since I had everything from a 26/28 down to misses 14 in my closet).
    I just made my second big goal of 75 pounds and plan on a massage (hopefully next week).
    Haven't decided about my next big goal yet as I still have 23 pounds to lose before I make my 100 pounds goal.
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i love this idea! it would also be a great eye opener to see just how much money i was wasting every month or year on foods that were killing me. and then to go spend it on hot mama clothes would be the icing on the cake!! lol.
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am keeping a change jar all the money i previously spent on snacks and junkfood get dropped in the jar so when i lose the weight i can go clothes shopping without killing my family budget

i love this idea! it would also be a great eye opener to see just how much money i was wasting every month or year on foods that were killing me. and then to go spend it on hot mama clothes would be the icing on the cake!! lol.
  • FearTheFool
    Options
    I'm a knitter. Less weight means fewer inches which means less wool, which means cheaper!
    Currently 227 (and just started) at 190lbs I want to knit myself a tank top and at goal (150lbs) I want to do myself a chunky cabled cardigan; at the moment a chunky one would just make me look huge! I've not yet determined intermediate rewards, but hopefully at some point I'll have enough money to join a gym and that would make a nice one.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've decided [and I see somebody else had same idea] to put a £1 in a jar each time I lost a lb. It means that at my goal weight I'll have about £50 to spend on a new outfit.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I went out and bought a new outfit a couple days ago, I'm a couple pounds away from my 1/2 way goal. The next 10 I lose will be another outfit...I'm a jean *kitten*, so it's a perfect reward for me :happy: