Is Kinect on XBOX a good idea for exercise

Options
If you get a exercise program or even some games ?

Replies

• snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have the Your Shape Fitness Evolved (the old one) and it is really good with the XBOX connect. My daughter does all the dance games with it also and gets a good work out that way too.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I use the kinect and Zumba, it's great!
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Its a heck of a lot better then doing nothing, thats for sure!
  • Jeep429
    Jeep429 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Workout Mode on Dance Central is awesome. Jillian Micheals Fitness Ultimatitum is good too!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have the Your Shape Fitness Evolved & Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, as well as Zumba and a bunch of dancing games [Dance Central] and they really get the job done. With Your Shape Fitness Evolved alone I lost 10+ lbs.
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    Well I don't have an XBOX but I have a PS3, and have lost 5 inches from my waist by doing EA Sports Active 2 on it so I'd definitely say exercising through a games console helps!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I use the dance games and sports games to work out all the time.
    My hubby and I play baseball against each other and run in place so much sometimes we can barely catch our breath.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    It's fun! I like the kinect dancing games. I hate boring gym work outs where it almost feels like I'm being tortured.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    We have wii and Kinect. I sweat my butt off with the kids and they are getting exercise at the same time. Plus, we can do it together and it's fun!
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any of the "fitness" games. We use it just for family fun with games like, Sports, Adventures, Kung Fu Panda, etc. You can get good and warm with those, so I bet the fitness-oriented games would be really good for exercise. It's way better than sitting on your butt with a controller in your hand. :)
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I actually like it better than the Wii (since you don't have to use controllers). As with anything, it all depends on the effort you put into it.

I've been using the following games and they definitely build up a sweat (while having fun): Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2; Dance Central 1 & 2; UFC Personal Trainer; Heck, even playing the new Starwars for Kinect builds up a sweat (and my light saber arm really gets a workout, must see if I can change to a lefty saber).

I like the variety the games give me. I don't have to do the same workout day after day, so it keeps me motivated. My husband and I are also competitive, so it's fun to see if we can beat eachother's score (or at least beat our own previous best score).

Have fun!
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have Biggest Loser ultimate work out and it kicks my butt! I sweat more doing it than walking with jogging spurts, love it =) seen a couple others in the thread I might have to try ;-)
  • fordies
    fordies Posts: 14
    Options
    I have got UFC personal trainer and find that it does a decent job of working up a sweat and also provides enough variety to keep things fun. It is also a lot better than sitting down on the sofa and doing nothing.
    I find it to be quite helpful on the days I cant make it to the gym so I do about 25mins of different exercises on there and then do some free wights.
  • lollienluke
    lollienluke Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    For the kinnect I've got my fitness shape evolved 2012 and thats really good as well ufc ultimate fighter which is a little too challenging for me at the moment as i have a knee problem but my partner says is very good.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Its a heck of a lot better then doing nothing, thats for sure!

i second this!!!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I watched a review on The Gadget Show that was testing fitness games for all consoles and the kinect actually came out top. I haven't the room for Kinect unfortunately so I can't put a personal input in but I would say go for it.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I use the kinect and Zumba, it's great!

^^ This! I had a plateau from doing my usual treadmill walking - plus it was killer on the knees. I dropped the $200 for Kinect and Zumba, BANG, 4 lbs lost since. I love it. Way more fun and high cardio than anything I had for the Wii.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest loser for the wii and it gets my butt moving... and I think it helps me get my butt in gear with other things...

(Does this mean we can stick video games in our parents faces?? All those years they told us they did nothing but rot your brain..)
  • Funshinerika
    Options
    YEP! Zumba and Dance Central! Fun and effective workout on your schedule.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have the Black Eyed Peas dance game for kinect, and I wear a HRM when I play it. My HR always gets going and I burn anywhere from 7-10 calories a minute playing :). And it's super fun!