Need a friend - how do I do this?

Options
Hi. My name is Debbie and I have been using MFP religiously for about 2 months. I think it is a fantastic tool. I love reading blogs and posts and I envy when I see "friends" support each other.

I have lost 15 pounds and have about 85 to go. I'm beginning to need someone to talk to, someone to share with. How does one go about making MFP friends?

Thanks - this means so much to me!

Replies

• Cyndie3
    Cyndie3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My name is cyndie I just joined moments ago, I am getting married in November and I am trying to lose 40lbs before then, I need all the support I can get ,,,
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It's super easy... you just go to someone's profile and hit "Add as Friend". Feel free to friend me if you like. Congratulations on your 15 pounds!
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    :happy:
    Well greetings to you!!
    You just made a friend in me lady. Send me a request!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie, Well done on the progress you've made so far! I love having friends on here - their support has been a huge help in keeping me going. I would love to be your friend, if you'll have me!
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great job on your progress thus far!! Posting a thread like this usually works, caught my attn any how. Sending a request. I look forward to getting to know you! Any one may add me for that matter =)
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie, Sent you a friend request. Would be happy to join in. I also can use some support. Have been watching from the sideline too long. Time to get serious.
  • MarkHarris69
    MarkHarris69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey well done on the weightloss programme so far. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.....:smile:

Enjoy your weekend.

Mark
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!
  • emily_kenyon
    emily_kenyon Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hi my name is emily and ive been doing this now for 320 days and ive lost 50 lbs :) just added you as a friend will give you lots of support and motivation when needed if you need any advise im always here good luck with your journey you can do it :))
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My name is cyndie I just joined moments ago, I am getting married in November and I am trying to lose 40lbs before then, I need all the support I can get ,,,

I am getting married in September! Congrats to you!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:

You will love the support and inspiration that you will find here! Add me if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    by posting on the message boards, of course :)

feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm on MFP wayyy too much (can access at work... haha) and I try to support all of my friends!! :)
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    you just ask. friend request sent. :)

sherri
  • treyalan
    treyalan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

I have only been using MFP for about 3 weeks now and think it's a big help also. If you need a pal to talk to you can add me as your friend. Just read people's post and ask to be their friend, everyone is very friendly and helpful. I have been working out and eating smart for about 3 months now and it has been slow going for me as far as weight loss. I have only dropped 8 lbs so far and would like to lose at least 20-30 more. Last time I motivated my self to drop pounds it took me a long time too, must be something about my body and metabolism??

15 pounds is great, you should be proud! Have a great day Roberta
  • wannaslim
    wannaslim Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm here! Will send you a request :smile:
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:

You will love the support and inspiration that you will find here! Add me if you like! :flowerforyou:

CONGRATS on your success!!! Inspirational!!!!
  • Cyndie3
    Cyndie3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you and congrats to you
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends on here that I know either IRL or from other weight loss forums and we all migrated here. The rest are just people I've "met" while posting in forums and we clicked.

Feel free to send me a FR. I rarely turn anyone down.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I am so bad about logging my food because my focus isn't really weight loss, but when I remember I might be helpful!!! LOL
  • roodledoodle
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

Well done on your progress so far :smile: I have only just recently started adding friends and only have 6 at the moment, feel free to add me if you like. It's nice to see how everybody's doing and also get some motivation and support too.