what annoys you at the gym?!

Options

Replies

• erinpumpkin13
    erinpumpkin13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try not to worry what other people are doing or if people might be looking at me. But I HATE getting on a machine that is all gross and sweaty or watching someone walk away without cleaning their machine, bench, mat or equipment. I also dislike that a bunch or the machines keep breaking down. Its annoying to have to wait for a machine while there are half a dozen broken ones.
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    People staring thats why I always wear a hoodie and a sweater.

Retards that think its cool to do heavy benchpress while there spotter is deadlifting behind it and wonder why they dont grow.

Retards that come to me and say they cant gain weight no matter what they eat....biggest bull**** ever everybody can gain weight

Also people using there ****ing phones.

People coming to the gym to talk.

People holding up machines forever

People that do excerizes wrong
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I see people on tradmills or sitting on a leg extention machine and they are texting or talking on their phones, Im kindof an *kitten* in the gym to those people though I have no problem telling them to work or get the **** off
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    1. Girls with full make-up, perfectly done hair and the outfit that has never seen a drop of sweat. The only time I have ever gone to the gym with make up on was when I was going to the fitness center at work and it was during the day.
    2. When guys grunt, groan, huff and puff when lifting a ridiculously small amount of weight. There's this one guy who does that at the gym. I lift way more than him and never have I grunted or groaned.
    3. People who chit chat on the machines. If you can talk you're not working hard.
    4. People who try to talk to me when I'm working out. I'm not here to socialize I'm here to get in and get out.

Oh I could go on and on!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    3. People who chit chat on the machines. If you can talk you're not working hard.

I can talk while running a 10-minute mile. I can also talk while sprinting. Some people are able to do that.
  • mamnboston
    Options
    People dropping weights.
    People not cleaning the machines after they use tham.
    People that take up too much equipment at the same time
    People that go to the gym and just don't seem to work out. they just walk around.
    People that keep changing the TV station
    People that take way too long in the shower.

Yup, that just about covers it for me too!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    People dropping weights.
    People that go to the gym and just don't seem to work out. they just walk around.

This, and Wed night, there was this young ( 20 y.o.?? ) skinny thing walking on the dreadmill at 1.5 mph, wearing jeans and CROCS!!!!!!! Ugggg......she would get more of a workout just climbing the stairs to the upper gym.....
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't get the whole make-up hate out there. Yeah on a Saturday I wouldn't get dolled up go to the gym but I go during the day and most evenings and I have make-up on. I'm not going to take the time to put my make-up on/off multiple times a day. Who cares!

There isn't much that bothers me.

- Guys that rack a bar with 4-45's on each side and then leave it. Put your damn weights away.
    - People who don't wipe down benches or machines when they've got nasty sweat all over them.
    - And don't stand naked in the locker room and try to have a conversation with me. I don't care to see all of your lady parts no matter how good your body looks.
  • mredsolomon
    mredsolomon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Women how wear tight clothes in the weight room lift weights and are nipping. Then expect me not to look at them.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Women how wear tight clothes in the weight room lift weights and are nipping. Then expect me not to look at them.

Lol! this is funny. I was wearing a sports bra and 2 tank tops but the top one was yellow. I was doing barbell rows and when I came up I was nipping. So then I tried to do the quick rub but do it on the sly. It worked but who knows who saw me doing it. So later that night I was talking to my husband and I said yeah what was up with me nipping out today. I said that was weird because that normally does not happen when I'm lifting. He's like yeah I noticed and if I noticed that means at least a couple of other guys noticed. I said no way - I said I covered and fixed that so fast. He's like no babe....guys saw it but that's okay because we like it. LMAO!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    3 - those people who think its ok to stop and talk to you when your walking from one machine to another! i dont mind smiling and saying hello, but when the chat to you that wastes like 5 minutes of my time! i have payed to go to the gym to workout not to stand and talk rubbish!

Darn those friendly people! They should be banned from the gym!

No.. its justified if its taking you away from being able to concentrate on your workouts whether or not you are in the middle of it, or going to the next machine. If you are trying to focus on your workouts and, especially when the gym is busy and you want to get to that next piece of machinery to workout before the texting-teens and lunks grab it and seriously waste time on it instead of working out on it...
  • prestigegirl
    Options
    just people in general
    and people who skip from one machine to another constantly
    its like i want to go on that!
    or in that area and theyre just there
    constantly changing machines

HAHA!! you would HATE me then...i literally spend 10 minutes on each cardio machine. it keeps me interested in working out, and i just like the variety. lol i'm sure i look like a loser though.
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options

That's called doing circuits and is a highly effective method of fat-burning
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What annoys me are the girls who come is so obviously just to try and pull a bloke - they sit on the bikes and cycle at about 60rpm for half an hour, don't even so much as break into a sweat, and that's it. Stick to nightclubs, girls, and letus serious gym bunnies have the use of the machines, thanks
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    People taking up the power rack for doing things that don't benefit from using a rack.

in my boxing gym: people that make mortal-kombat sounds every time they punch.

KYA KYA KYA.

STOP IT. This is not kiddie karate! You're a grown-*kitten* adult.
  • prestigegirl
    Options

That's called doing circuits and is a highly effective method of fat-burning

OH YAY!! now i feel better :) i'm not a LOSER. i'm doing CIRCUITS :)
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    People who sit on the equipment talking on their cellphones. If you're not going to use the machine, get the hell off it so someone else can use it!
  • SweetDee80
    Options
    I get annoyed by the women who wear a full face of makeup with the hair all nice and pamper to the gym. To each its own, but I don't get it. I look like death because I am going to be sweating and working my *kitten* off. It is just a waste of makeup.

Selfishly, I get annoyed by the people who pass me on the indoor track. I am trying to not collapse and die, and these people are going way faster than me and are running like it is just whatever to them. I feel like if we were in the internet world at the gym, they would yell LOL at me when they pass me.

I also get annoyed by the people who stare while I am working out, and when I catch my reflection while working out...'cause damn, that ain't right.
  • MNfreak
    MNfreak Posts: 2
    Options
    People dropping weights.

just about sums it up...

people who use the squat racks for biceps
    people that stand right in front of the dumbbell rack
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    I'm a fat girl busting my *kitten* on the elliptical, sweat running off me, I don't want to "try" to carry on a conversation. I just want to breathe!