I am new!!!

Options
Hi!!!! My name is Tiffany and I am new to my fitness pal. I am a mother of two and a nurse. I am ready to get in shape and change my life style due to the fact that my mother died of a massive heart attack at the age of 32. I need help with my diet and excerise. I want to eat healier, but with two yound school age kids they are picky and I don't have time to cook twice. If you have any great recipes I would love to hear them. Also if you have any suggestions about what I am doing worng please let me know! I can't wait to get started!

Replies

• Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    Hey and welcome!! I am also a mother of two, except mine at 9 months and 3 1/2 years old. For new healthy recipes, I always recommend skinnytaste.com Her recipes are healthy, SO good and she lists the nutritonal information. Most of my meals come from her website. My husband loves them and my 3 1/2 year old eats most everything I make from that site. Go check it out!!

P.S. I am sending a friend request :)
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    well hey there! I also have a daughter, and a picky husband. I tend to use whatever I'm using in their meals, and fit it into mine. I made chicken, mashed potatoes and veggies last week, and instead of actually eating all that, I used a separate breast of chicken, and cut it up into a salad. Delicious.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me!
  • mel128
    mel128 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me!
  • NKelly234
    NKelly234 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request =)
  • 7aaronbrown7
    Options
    i am currently trying to gain weight but cant seem to as i am ****ting 15 times a day
  • wigstakapow
    Options
    i now know im not the only one aaron brown, i constantly feel the need to poo, i get through 12 rolls of andrex everyday, are you single? xox
  • wigstakapow
    Options
    add me on facebook kerry hedley, im single and looking for somebody to love <3
  • unhatter
    unhatter Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! There are a lot of low cal meals you can prepare in less than 10 minutes. I suggest you find a few that you like and stick to them. For me, I eat a lot of:

Canned soup (healthy choice chicken noodle/rice)
    Fresh fruit divided in little containers (easy quick snack)
    I buy pre cooked chicken breast strips, heat in 3 min and put on top of a salad - no cheese, dressing on side
    Frozen salmon/fish fillets that takes 5 min to cook on stove - eat with canned veggie
    Frozen bags of meals - I cook half bag at a time, add frozen veggies so it's more filling but less cal
    Instant oatmeals
    100 cal/bag of Popcorn
    Mini rice cakes - 13 = 110 cal

I eat every 2-3 hours, little things such as fruit or string cheese, a 12 oz of V8, etc

that way you can still cook for your family but have easy meals just for you. something quick and easy you can turn to always. I also do a cheat day once a week. That way I have something to look forward to, knowing I can treat myself later helps me stay on my strict 1200 cal. limit.
  • slimsconie
    Options
    ADD ME ON AS A FRIEND. I HAVE 3 DAUGHTERS 21, SOON 2 B 18 & 5. YES 5. WE'LL SUPPORT EACH OTHER:)

SLIMSCONIE
  • jude7701
    jude7701 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Tiffany and welcome! I am a mother of 2- and I find that making one meal works! Make it a healthy meal, and just ask that they try it once- and don't push it. My kids have learned they like sprouts, broccoli, spinach, kale, etc., this way! And in fact, when I buy sprouts, they eat them all! =) Try something new each week- you would be surprised what they will like! And if they don't like it, offer a healthy alternative, like raw carrots or an apple! Then you don't have to cook extra, and they still eat something good for them. And if they say "yuck" just thank them for trying it! You can always bring it back later and try again!
    I like eatbetteramerica.com- there are healthier recipes there for "normal" foods- that help eliminate some fat/calories. And I have a breakfast cookie recipe your kids would probably like. They taste sweet like oatmeal cookies, but they have fruit, veggies, and fiber in them, and my kids (and I) love them!!! =) And they are great if you are in a rush because you can grab one and go! =)
    Feel free to add me! And good luck! =)