Protein,Protein, Priotein

Options
I ate 291 grams of protein today. Around 70 carbs. Anyone eat this much protein before???

Replies

• Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Mirin' your protein intake.

I do sometimes when bulking but with a whole more carbs.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Where did you get all the protein from? Because that IS quite a bit! I have been eating quite a bit more recently but not that much. I push to get somewhere between 100g-150g a day right now.
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Protein intake should be in grams of your lean muscle mass.

Example: if you're 20% body fat and weight 100lbs - you need 80g of protein per day.

However, this may be bro science but I've noticed it helps a lot with recovery when you up your protein and fats while losing body fat (cutting phase).
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jakeycork
    jakeycork Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Protein intake should be in grams of your lean muscle mass.

Example: if you're 20% body fat and weight 100lbs - you need 80g of protein per day.

However, this may be bro science but I've noticed it helps a lot with recovery when you up your protein and fats while losing body fat (cutting phase).

i think you should aim more for 1g of protein per 1lb of weight.
    You ate 291g of protein for what reason? What you weigh? Surplus protein to that amount is pointless unless your Jay Cutler.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Much wrong informations about the given figures, the intake depends on your goals and the way your body disposes of them (in term of storing, brekdown, etc.. Using the body fat for counting is false :-)

Excess proteins is useless though

@Blessedmommy_ I wrote a post about natural proteins sources, I'll dig, I can't find it right now
  • dani0626_diary
    dani0626_diary Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It wasn't on purpose. THe chicken I ate at the end of the day was about 150 grams according to this website. That is what threw me over. Now granted, I do have alot of fat to lose so if what some have said is true, (1 gram per pound of body weight, then 215 grams would be my goal.)... LOL
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    150g of protein in chicken...thats like 6 chicken breasts I dont see that happening unless you housed a bucket of KFC by yourself
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    mostly eat around 250g of protein a day
  • dani0626_diary
    dani0626_diary Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    haha ha ha ha ha.. No I didn't house a bucket.. Actually it was about 7 ounces. Maybe the site was wrong on the protein number.... I will have to research it...
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I think the site was wrong about the protein content... Chicken IS high in protein, but NOT that much.
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I had 303g of protein today.