Can't Lose Weight

Options
I jog, I do core workouts, I have an elliptical, I lift weights, I bike and I'm just generally a very active person, so I should be losing weight, right? I'm also using this website: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm and I put myself on the extreme weight loss and that's the amount of calories I'm eating per day, again, I should be losing weight, right? Well, I'm not. I'm having this issue that I feel like I'm doing everything right, exercising, watching my calorie intake, eating healthy foods and drinking lots of water, but I'm not getting the results I expected. Do any of you have any advice?

Replies

• JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ok I have a crazy suggestion, go to fat2fit radio. Use their military body fat calculator. Then do the bmr calculator. It should give you a more accurate picture of what amount of calories you should be eating. You might be shocked at the numbers for your activity level. A body just holds onto weight when it doesn't get enough to run its systems. So even though your doing everything right you still don't lose. I bet 20 people will tell you your not eating enough. If you have a small amt. Of weight to lose extreme weight loss isn't going to happen. You just need to eat the amount for the weight you want to be and you'll get there. Try fat2fit you won't be sorry.
  • baronessashley
    Options
    Ok I have a crazy suggestion, go to fat2fit radio. Use their military body fat calculator. Then do the bmr calculator. It should give you a more accurate picture of what amount of calories you should be eating. You might be shocked at the numbers for your activity level. A body just holds onto weight when it doesn't get enough to run its systems. So even though your doing everything right you still don't lose. I bet 20 people will tell you your not eating enough. If you have a small amt. Of weight to lose extreme weight loss isn't going to happen. You just need to eat the amount for the weight you want to be and you'll get there. Try fat2fit you won't be sorry.

I agree with everything she said. ^^

If you're *that* active, you're likely not eating enough calories to sustain your body, so it's going into starvation mode and hanging on to every last fat cell that it can.
  • Moto_Woody
    Options
    I also agree. Your goal is only 10lbs. You need to be eating the calories MFP suggests for losing .5 lbs a week. And if you exercise, I suggest you eat your calories back.
  • Arunakae
    Arunakae Posts: 83
    Options
    Thank you all very much, I thought that this may be what was said. I'm just so afraid that if I eat more I'll gain more weight. I honestly think I have some issues, like, it really scares me to eat too much. Some people are afraid of spiders, I'm terrified of gaining weight. But having you all here to help and support me makes my life so much easier, thank you all so much, truly.