truly silly question

Options
my truly silly question of the day is:

i was stung between two toes last night just before bed by a very vengeful bumblebee who, apparently, wanted my bedroom for her own. the pain is, of course, gone - but the swelling is still fairly substantial - and the itching is nearly unbearable! argh!! i cannot take oral benadryl but have applied a topical benadryl gel which seems to help. now to the question: do you think it's still okay for me to do my usual walk/jog routine today or should i skip a day? i don't know much about stings and can't really find anything online about exercising with one on the foot??

see. told you it was a silly question! haha. now, does anyone have a non-silly answer?? thanks! ;)

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    First off... OUCH!!!!

It shouldn't be a problem, unless the swelling is so much that your shoe no longer fits properly.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all! OMG! are you okay? Ouch! I would do something else. Like do your upper body routine, or just take a rest day. Go see a doctor, because the doctor might have a different topical treatment that could help the bad sting get better faster. I haven't gotten stung by a bee for years, so I don't know what new treatments might be in use now. Go to your doctor. Take good care, sweet MFP sister :flowerforyou:
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh.......baby zinc cream works wonders on bee stings and bug bites. Takes the sting out of it and also helps bring the swelling down.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Well can you take claritin or zyrtec? These to the same thing as benadryl. Also you could put bleach on it. That takes the sting out. But as far as exercising goes I think your ok unless it's painful.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Also peanut butter works, the creamy one not the crunchy of course :P Or even mud

When I was a kid I ran around alot barefoot.. I can't tell you how many times I've been stung.. But those to home remedies always seemed to help.

It even works for sunburns too (well more the mud then PB)

But kick your feet up today, watch a good movie, and relax
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If it's swelling that much, jogging is going to exacerbate it. Try to keep it elevated and use ice to reduce the swelling.

My feet have gotten attacked by ants on more than one occasion, causing my feet to swell unbearably, and walking/jogging always makes it way worse (and super painful). I think it has to do with the blood flow, but I don't know for sure.
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    thanks, everyone!! :) i have iced it - and been trying to keep it elevated. it hasn't even been 24 hours - and i know this will not last forever, so i think i will try to do my yoga routine today and maybe my upper body stuff - and get back to walking/jogging tomorrow ~ i just hate to skip bcuz it's such an easy slide : first one day, then two . . . i bet some of you can relate! :)

it WAS such a painful little zing! i'm laughing this morning, but OUCH!! lol

thanks for all the kind and helpful responses! :flowerforyou: