Runners out there: how often do you run?

Options
Hi there runners & dieters!!
I am just on my way to loose the very last pounds and up to now have been running quite often, sometimes 5 times a week plus other exercises for strength.
What was the best training strategy for you guys to loose weight? What combinations of exercises worked best? Running every other day? Or a few days in a row, then rest day?
I'd be really interested in seeing what the perfect strategy (of course depending on everybody's personal abilities) is!!
Have fun running and I am looking forward to hear from you guys out there!!

Replies

• nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there's necessarily a perfect strategy. I run 4x per week and also do spinning and yoga. I take at least one full rest day per week. Sofar I seem to be seeing good results! My main advice is to not overdo it and to build up slowly so you don't injure yourself!
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I run 5 days per week.
  • RickyRaj
    RickyRaj Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi,

I run a similar amount and like you do some weight based exercises. I also do a lot of walking 80 mins everyday (Monday to Friday) and weekly swimming. I will soon be getting a bike to provide for even more cardio variety. Out of the three I prefer cycling and swimming to running as there is less impact on your knees.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Running doesn't make you lose weight. I know a lot of fat runners out there. Eating less than you burn makes you lose weight....

I run 3-4 days a week, do spin one day a week, and weight train 4 days a week...
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Running is not an activity that you can just decide "hey, I'm going to run 6 days a week" and go out and do it. That's the recipe that creates the bitter dish of injury. You have to build up slowly and really REALLY listen to your body. When I started running, I ran every other day and that was perfect for me. Now, over 8 years later, I usually take 2 to 3 days off a month and, with doubles, run about 32 to 36 times.