Shoes!

Options
Ok, so I'm in the market for some new gym shoes. I'm looking for good support, lightweight, breathable, good for both cardio and strength training, and not too expensive. I can't splurge just yet on shoes; I just really need to replace mine as my shins and feet hurt during workouts. Any advice on shoes out there? My trainer said Nike Pegasus, but $100 is a bit much for me to spend right now. I don't want to spend more than $70 and less than that would be preferred.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    New balance minimus cross trainers. I use my new balance 730 running shoes (Also minimalist) in a pinch. Or when I can't be arsed to put on socks.

They are light, breathable, flexible, and have almost NO heel drop. They are firm soled, which is gREAT for weight training.
    Heel drop and spongy soles do NOT mix with weight training.

I paid $50 for the cross trainers, and $60 for the running shoes.
  • RickyRaj
    RickyRaj Posts: 25
    Options
    I suffered from shin splints when really I got into kung fu a while back and ended up seeing a sports physio who told me I was wearing the wrong trainers (they were flat at the time). They suggested the ones that support the arch of the foot as my ankles pronate inwards. Since then I have not spent more than £50 on a pair of trainers (I'm UK based) so you don't need to go for the Nike specific ones, a similar looking pair should suffice. Try before you buy!
  • mrobinson0805
    Options
    New balance minimus cross trainers. I use my new balance 730 running shoes (Also minimalist) in a pinch. Or when I can't be arsed to put on socks.

They are light, breathable, flexible, and have almost NO heel drop. They are firm soled, which is gREAT for weight training.

So I just looked these shoes up. $50 is the cost for men's, women's are between $69 and $85...How messed up is that?! I may just get a men's pair. New Balance is what I have now and I do like the brand.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

So I just looked these shoes up. $50 is the cost for men's, women's are between $69 and $85...How messed up is that?! I may just get a men's pair. New Balance is what I have now and I do like the brand.

That is totally messed up!

Best thing about minimus is that they wear like socks. No slipping around inside!
  • mrobinson0805
    Options

That is totally messed up!

Best thing about minimus is that they wear like socks. No slipping around inside!

That's what need, because that's the man problem 'm havng right now. These NB were made for walking