Oh how I have changed...

Options
Hello fellow myfitnesspals :smile:

I started my journey in June 2011, two months before my wedding, at my heaviest of 168lbs. At my wedding I was 155lbs and I was happy at that but in January this year I started a fresh start to get down to my goal weight of 130lbs.

I havent finished yet, I am currently 141lbs.

I have been eating really healthily, but treating myself every now and again so I have never felt deprived of anything. I have turned my life around, I am no longer "on a diet" I am now just living healthily. When I am ready to maintain I will still eat the same but I may eat slightly more of what I am eating, or exercise a little less and when I get there, I will still be using myfitnesspal to track everything because like a lot of people on here I am not one of those lucky people who can eat what they want and sit on their *kitten* and still stay beautifully slim. And I honestly believe if you have to work for it, you appreciate it more.

Two years ago, I did no exercise whatsoever and I was so unfit, when I started 30 Day Shred last June I remember looking down at myself when I had finished and I was physically shaking! I thought "oh my god how am I going to keep this up?!" but I did, and it paid off.

I have now signed up to do Race for Life in July. I have signed up by myself which is a big thing for me, and I am planning to run the whole way... and I am not a runner! I started training last week and last night I ran 1.1 miles without stopping, times that by three and speed it up I think I can actually do it! :happy:

I am running in memory of my Nanny and Grampy, but I am also running it for me. To motivate myself to get out and actually complete something. And I am hoping the running will help me lose the last stone and get to my goal weight!

The support I have received on here has been amazing and I appreciate every comment I get that motivates me to carry on, I am so thankful to have found this site and I recommend it to anyone else also trying to turn their life around.

When I get to my goal weight, I will be posting before and after pictures!! And I cant wait! :laugh:

If you want to support not only in words, please please please sponsor me to run Race for Life. Even if its just £1 I would be absolutely chuffed to receive the support.

www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/saradoo

Thank you so much for reading, I hope I haven't bored you!

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best
  • do0obie_x
    do0obie_x Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you! I'm actually really excited about it. :smile:
  • katiejoycecross
    katiejoycecross Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You go girl.
  • nissibeach
    Options
    Wowza - you've done so well!! You should be proud ! Good luck with the Race for Life ! I have no doubt you'll get to your goal pretty soon with all the motivation you've got!! Cant wait to see your before and after photos :) X
  • do0obie_x
    Options
    Thank you ladies :happy: had a couple of donations and absolutely chuffed, your support means the world to me xx
  • do0obie_x
    Options
    bump x