Protein Powder

Options

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Extreme Milk Chocolate. 24 g of protein, only 130 calories per serving, and tastes great! you can find it on amazon or bodybuilding.com. ships super fast. I mix mine only with water and its amazing...especially if you get a Blender Bottle to mix it with.
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sequel Vega line is great, sold online and is sweetened with stevia. They have a whole line of products that take you from pre to post workout. Google them and see if it works for you, it has been the best for me.
  • zomoro56
    zomoro56 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Look for a whey Isolate. Dymatize has an Iso-100 that mixes well and is 100% isolate so it is the best quality biologically. 106 cals, 24-25g of protein, no fat and no carbs(the chocolate flavor has 1 due to flavoring) so it basically all protein no fillers and no other junk. Tastes great too!! The nutrional label will provide the ingredients for you. But any Isolate is ideal and as others have stated on here avoid Soy protein if you can
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I use this....
    Optimum's Gold Standard 100% Whey™ has won the Supplement Of The Year and Protein Powder Of The Year awards for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010! Since the very beginning, Optimum Nutrition has raised the standard by which all other whey protein supplements are judged. The proprietary blend includes:

Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolates
    Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolates
    Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate
    HydroWhey Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i tried body fortress super advanced whey protein in vanilla and chocolate. i think i like the chocolate better. they have it at kroger and cvs - it's $21 for 2 lbs, i think.. oh and 140 cals, 23 g protein, 3 carbs (i think!)

second this....available at walmart for $14.88

And I "third" this - I have the chocolate flavor which makes smoothies awesome. I think it blends well. For a scoop = 4g carbs and 26g protein.
  • LosinMamaof2girls
    LosinMamaof2girls Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have to drink a protein shake daily since my surgery. I have gone through many different ones trying to find the best taste and calories. My favorite is "About Time". I buy it online. it uses Stevia for sweetner, I have a hard time with artificial sweetners. IT tastes great, not gritty, and only 103 calories. If I run out and need something in a pinch I use GNC 100% Whey. It is one that can be bought locally almost anywhere.
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I recommend checking out this thread. it has some amazing info on whey and how to choose the best one for you

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560163-a-comprehensive-guide-to-whey
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Natural Chocolate Whey Protein.
    Stevia+Whey, tastes great.

This.

I love all the flavors, Chocolate, Vanilla Ice Cream--YUM!

Find it at GNC
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Extreme Milk Chocolate. 24 g of protein, only 130 calories per serving, and tastes great! you can find it on amazon or bodybuilding.com. ships super fast. I mix mine only with water and its amazing...especially if you get a Blender Bottle to mix it with.

I love this one! I get it at GNC.

Umm, yeah, I love Optimum Nutrition--can you tell?
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend Protien Powder. I use Flaz Seed Powder instead. If you're eating right and watching the numbers you really don't need any protien supplements. save y ou rmoney.
  • Julcandoit
    Julcandoit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use Garden of Life, Raw Protein. 80 calories, 17 grames of protein. I blend it with ice, water, frozen berries, and some other fruit if I have it. It can be a tad powdery, but it makes me feel full, and has no milk, whey or soy. If you try it, let me know what you think. :happy:

I love this one too ^^....I buy mine from Amazon. I blend mine w/Almond milk. Very good :-)
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    body fortress chocolate peanut butter is pretty tasty and inexpensive. 26 g of protein per scoop and only 130 calories
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm going to be buying protein powder tomorrow, for the first time, and I was wondering if anyone had good suggestions?

Lower calories and lower sugar are preferable... and probably some kind of chocolate flavor, as I tend not to enjoy any fruit flavored things.

I will be blending the powder into smoothies (ice & light soy milk ..possibly with a banana and/or peanut butter at times) so powders that don't taste granular when blended would also be great. (I won't be mixing directly into milk/water because that grosses me out!)

Thanks!

Body Fortress products sit around 15$ at walmart with 130 calories a scoop and 26g of protein. so good!
  • C_June
    C_June Posts: 48
    Options
    I use Dymatize or MRM...

MRM has a 10 pound dutch chocolate flavor, 120 calories/serving and 22g of protein.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I would avoid soy (google its possible effects on men) and casein is kinda expensive and probably un-needed.

I usually get the cheapest stuff online, or at walmart. The odd time I get a 2-5lb tub for like $10. It's been awhile though.

I used it for weight-loss and found cooking it was a great way to make snacks to keep me from eating junk between meals.

Use it in recipes (cookies, pancakes) instead of flour, and you'll lower calories and increase nutrients.

Again, it's just a 'supplement' but I like the fact that it's the same amount of calories, etc per scoop. And it's a really quick, really easy way to have a snack.

Also, there's dozens of ways to change/alter the flavor, so you don't get sick.

One of my favorite things is adding cottage cheese + sweetner to a smoothie, it gives it a cheesecake taste.
  • osborn2009
    Options
    whey elite series vanilla cream is what i use. with a little milk. its awesome
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have found great success with Body by Vi that has a tri-sorb protein. It is only 90 calories and has less than 1 g of sugar. For more information you can go to http://time2renew.bodybyvi.com/. It tastes amazing!!
  • dezaraepeeples
    dezaraepeeples Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Jillian Michaels vanilla one from Walmart last night for about $10. I figured I'd start with a smaller container before I go all-in. One of my friends suggested it to me.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i tried body fortress super advanced whey protein in vanilla and chocolate. i think i like the chocolate better. they have it at kroger and cvs - it's $21 for 2 lbs, i think.. oh and 140 cals, 23 g protein, 3 carbs (i think!)

second this....available at walmart for $14.88

Yes this one is delicious and you can't beat the price! I buy mine at wal mart as well.
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    Whey in the A.M. and PWO. On the cheaper end, theres Body Fortress Whey Protein in Chocolate, Chocolate&PB, Cookies&Cream, Vanilla. $15 at Wal-mart, 130-140 cals, 26g protein. On the more expensive yet proven end there is Optimum Nutrition (ON) Whey Protein in a variety of flavors. 110 cals, 24g protein.

Casein right before bed. Wouldn't suggest anything other than ON Casein.