Just starting here

Options
momjmd
momjmd Posts: 296 Member
Yesterday was my first day- a couple of friends told me about this site. Looking forward to losing weight and getting support and ideas here. Just started phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. It was recommended by the doctor and I am hoping that it works. It seems very doable.

I am married and have 3 kiddos- a 4th grader and 2 Kindergartners. Between Little League, TBall, Ballet, Gymnastics, Church and 4-H, plus working FT, I have very little extra time for exercise- hoping to get it worked in somehow. Need to find something that is easy to do as I need to lose 100 lb.

Replies

• monicaabrown
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day as well! I am not doing anything special is except for countnig calories. I know how it is to be busy I have a 15 year old, 10 year old and 9 year old, work Full time, go to school part time and all of the kids are in activities! What I am trying to do to get exercise in there is walk. I usually get to work 15 - 20 mins early so I walk on our walking path or outside around our building and if I can squeze it in I will walk for a few minutes during my lunch or take a break and walk. I don't know if that is feasable for you and I know it's not like a "real workout" but its some type of exercise! Good Luck!
  • Jerzeybird
    Options
    HI, I just started yesterday as well. Also I would like to lose 100 pounds to start with. My kids are grown now but they left me their baby fat. haha. The only exercise I have attempted so far this time is walking. I have bad knees due to my weight so I have to take it slow to start. But I have 3 dogs who are always up for a walk. Good luck to both of us.
  • Queenmoreta
    Queenmoreta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck to you all! I've been here for a little over a month and have lost exactly what they figured 1lb a week. But my eating habits are much more balanced and I feel great!
  • hisqtangel
    hisqtangel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Being on here is a great way to keep motivated, and everyone is so supportive! I have a pretty busy schedule too and was wondering do you have any game systems in your house? (wii, playstation or the xbox) we have a wii and on the days that i know theres no way im going to get work out time on my own i will get the kids to do the dance games or zumba on the wii with me. I have a lot that i want to lose too and the games were great to get started and the kids like doing it b/c they think its a game. Good Luck and feel free to add me if you want!