I'M new not sure where to start

Options
I work full time, go to nursing school full time and have a husband and 1 year old. Just tring to get back in shape so I can get back down to pre-baby weight. I also am just tired of being "over weight". If anyone has any idea where to start with the site let me know!

Congrats to all of you before me that have had much luck with weight loss,
Sara

Replies

• Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi Sara! I've only been on the site for a week now but I've found that using the Food Diary everyday and logging EVERYTHING that I eat has already helped me a lot. I also enjoy checking out the message boards and getting great ideas and lots of support and encouragement from all the other wonderful members here!! Best of luck :smile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Where to start? Just follow mfp and you should see some weight loss in no time. :flowerforyou:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    WELCOME :happy: You sound like you have a VERY busy life but no worries mfp is easy! Just log your food everyday and try to get in as much exercise as you can even if it just means 10 minutes here and there. Good luck and enjoy the site :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I started by deciding what I was going to eat and sticking to the plan.

Listing everything on MFP helped me make gradual changes to improve my nutrition and lower my calories.
    Take it one day at a time and take baby steps.

You can do this.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Welcome! One of the best things you can do, in my opinion, is to sit down and search through these boards. Heck, you can even go back a month or more. I've learned so much by reading posts even if I didn't necessarily think they pertained to me. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • joneslt
    joneslt Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is Tamara and I am not sure were to start I work full time as a nanny watching 3 children:smile: I do know that I do not really like how I feel and look I am slow at moving and get tired often I have had a compleat physical and the Dr. says I am doing great no medical problems other than my weight it needs to come off
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tamara and I am not sure were to start I work full time as a nanny watching 3 children:smile: I do know that I do not really like how I feel and look I am slow at moving and get tired often I have had a compleat physical and the Dr. says I am doing great no medical problems other than my weight it needs to come off
    Hello Tamara...welcome aboard ..... log all your food in and read post (they have helped me) Good luck on your weight loss journey and know that you can do this
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! My suggestions are 1) log everything and preplan as much as you can and 2) read the sticky posts :flowerforyou:
  • SaraBelle
    Options
    Thanks EVeryone for welcoming me! I am going to take all of the advice you are giving! THANKS!!!