disappointed with the scale

Options
I have been very disappointed with the scale in April so I was SHOCKED to see that I had lost inches!!

4/6 ... -2
4/13 ...-0
4/20 ...-0

So just to be clear ... I've lost 2 pounds in April!! :explode:

Feeling very bummed I grabbed a peice of ribbon that I had wrapped around my tummy about 1 month ago, cut it off, & labeled it 'March'! I also had logged my weight so I know that I am down 3lbs from that day also. ~Anyways I was SHOCKED to see all this extra ribbon on the end!!!! I re-labeled it 'April' and then grabbed the tabe measure!!

~~~DOWN 3.5 INCHES!!!~~~

SHOCKED!! I just can't believe it!!!

I am so glad I did this!! Today could of been an emotional disspointment but instead I'm so happy to have lost even though the scale doesn't show the same!!

Replies

• melissam226
    Options
    1. Congrats!

2. I'm trying VERY hard not to weigh myself every day and instead concentrate on how I feel, how my clothes fit, and how I look. The scale can be TERRIBLE for your self esteem. When you're talking about a pound or two fluctuation sometimes it's water weight and/or muscle mass or several other things. Even on a week by week basis. It's so disappointing sometimes. It's ruined my day several times.

:-) good luck!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My scale hardly moves anymore, so back in February I decided to take my measurements since I workout a lot. A month later, I measured myself and had lost quite a few inches overall. I haven't done all of my measurements yet this month, but I did cheat to check my waist and I was down another 1/2" there. And my bras are all getting too big, so I know, unfortunately, that I am losing inches there, too. The scale still hasn't moved.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    great job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JWolf7911
    JWolf7911 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have been meaning to buy a measuring tape but I think I'll just grab a piece of ribbon now!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    High five! I'm with you there. I weighed in today, first time since the beginning of the month. I lost 0.3 lbs! Not even a whole half.

But I measured myself and lost 0.25 on my neck, 1.5 on my hips and 1.75 on my waist.

High five that we are doing this right :)
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    The same thing happened to me - I'm not a big fan of the scale at the best of times! Don't give up!:flowerforyou:
  • Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well I'm still about 15-20 lbs from being at a healthy BMI so I don't want the scale to stop completely BUT I sure like seeing the 'visual' results!!

I'm only 5' 2"
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with my scale.
  • ansonyaburke
    Options
    Awesome that is very exciting. I just started my weigh loss journey and I weighed and did the tape measure for the very reason. That scale is a nightmare for me so when it doesn't say what I think it should then I will look at inches. Keep up the great work
    :smile:
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am so beyond frustrated... I keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. I lose it, and then my TOM comes and I get it back. I am still losing inches as well though.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Starting weight training. Scared to death of the scale. BUT I HAVE A SERIOUS WAIST TODAY! I'll count that as a win
  • lshabazz
    lshabazz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news. It is a lot better when we see ourselves smaller and our clothes get baggy.
    Wonderful news and have a blessed day *•.¸♥ *•
  • Acliff510
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

PS ... How many more -0 weeks before I call this a plateau??

:noway:
  • Acliff510
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

PS ... How many more -0 weeks before I call this a plateau??

:noway:
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. I tell ya, I stopped weighing once a week once I hit my goal weight. Now I only weigh once a month and watch my body change in the most fabulous ways due to exercise.
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    What a great idea about the ribbon I should do that too! thanks for the idea and as for the rest! YOU ROCK!!! i dont care what that scale says! ;)
  • dcjackson50
    dcjackson50 Posts: 196
    Options
    Great job! I like your ribbon idea. The scale frustrates a lot of us trying to lose but it can be deceiving if you hold water maybe due to having high sodium one day,......measurements are more accurate to assess our body changes
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    I can understand completely. I have gained 1 lb since last weigh in. :-(
    Good news is I have lost more inches off most of my body. I did how ever gain some or have some not move but I was working that muscle group hard this past week or so. I found the clothing tape works great and was only $1.50 cost. :D
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started this journey, I've been searching the results/success threads and sometimes I'm surprised by what the scale says and how the person looks. I think the scale is a tool that might need to go to the bottom of our list to use! Inches and clothing sizes have risen to the top of my list! I can understand the frustration but as long as you are losing inches you are moving in the right direction. Congrats on the inches! Celebrate it as the victory it is!

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods