J/M. banish the fat boost metabolism dvd

Options
does anyone do or tried Jillian Michaels "banish fat, boost metabolism" dvd ?

i bought it in a 2 dvd set with weights (clearance $10)

what is your thoughts on it ? im planning on trying it out tomorrow

Replies

• Iskreemman
    Iskreemman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's a great workout about 45 min long and all cardio for the most part.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It's one of my favorites! I bought it after I started to get bored with 30 Day Shred. That was two years ago, and I still do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism fairly regularly. It's about 50 minutes with warm up & cool down, I think - lots of cardio and bodyweight strength training, done in 7 circuits. It's tough, but a great workout!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feed back ..
    im thinking the other dvd it came with probably is the toning 1 ( i don't have it next to me and can't remember the name..haha)
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    Possibly No More Trouble Zones? If so, similar to Banish Fat Boost Metabolism in length & circuit format, but uses dumbbells. :smile:
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I bought the 2 pack also a couple of months ago but not on clearance, you lucky dog! :) It is some serious cardio work! I love the kickboxing moves in it! Its a great burn. I throw it in on days when I can not get out and walk/run. I have been doing the No More Trouble Zones and I love it too! Love the weight work in it!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It's tough which is great. I don't really like it though. I get kind of bored during it. Must be the music or something?

I have a ton of JM videos, I usually don't do this one anymore.
  • LilmamaPipes
    Options
    Bought this too. But I'm only doing the trouble zones one. This was my 1st day and man I felt muscles working I didn't even know I had lol. Great workout plus heck it was on sale :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    love it. enjoy. not too too difficult but it was at first, gets easier as with anything
  • LovingLisa2012
    Options
    Possibly No More Trouble Zones? If so, similar to Banish Fat Boost Metabolism in length & circuit format, but uses dumbbells. :smile:

that is the one that came with it :)
    i was to lazy to go get it last night from the other room :laugh:
  • LovingLisa2012
    Options
    Bought this too. But I'm only doing the trouble zones one. This was my 1st day and man I felt muscles working I didn't even know I had lol. Great workout plus heck it was on sale :)

thats why i bought it . hubby pointed it out ( i was looking for a new Leslie Sansone workout)
    i did the banish .. today but only got 25 mins into it .. it is tough ..
    2morrow i will try the trouble zones 1
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I did it for the first time yesterday and it was super hard.. I only got 35 minutes into it and then quit. :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I just got 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish the Fat on Amazon for a total of $21. Been doing Lesson 1 of 30 Day Shred on Youtube (just did it in fact).
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Love this work out, but it's really tough so need to be in the right frame of mind to do it!!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It sounds pretty good. I started Jillian Michael DVDs with the 30 Day shred and now im on Ripped in 30 and am going to 6 week 6 pack next. Best workouts of mylife! I finally have abs! crazey!
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    Very tough workout and for about a week I could not get past the 5th Circuit (there are 7 total). However, it's so worth it!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    If you have a tough time getting through the whole thing, you can skip the second round of each circuit - just hit the 'next chapter' button or whatever it's called on your DVD remote, and it will go to the next circuit. That way you still get each circuit in while you build up to being able to complete the whole thing! :smile:
  • leez1984
    leez1984 Posts: 22
    Options
    I just purchased this today. Really pleased, as I seem to have caught a good deal on Amazon:
    -30 day Shred
    -No More Trouble Zones
    -Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and
    -6 Week 6 Pack
    in a 4 dvd box collection for £15.98 :) Was only looking for the 30 Day Shred originally, but came across this when I went to compare the price of her other DVD's so picked it up straight away.

Can't wait to get started on it :D
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I just purchased this today. Really pleased, as I seem to have caught a good deal on Amazon:
    -30 day Shred
    -No More Trouble Zones
    -Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and
    -6 Week 6 Pack
    in a 4 dvd box collection for £15.98 :) Was only looking for the 30 Day Shred originally, but came across this when I went to compare the price of her other DVD's so picked it up straight away.

Can't wait to get started on it :D

I got this pack too I'm hoping to do BFBM tonight. I also got RI30 & Killer buns & thighs from play for about £10 x
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I do, and love it :)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yesturday was my second day using the DVD. I did 30D Shred and Ripped in 30, now this one. (I tried kick boxing but the carpet wouldnt let my feet "twist" easy and hurt my knees.) I like it because I can burn twice as many calories as the shorter DVDs beacuse its 50 minutes long and the actual exercises are not too hard, difficult because I am tired for the most part. You can also pick and choose circuts for a quick workout as well.