Do you get numb toes while on machines?

Options
When I'm on the elliptical and the treadmill, the front of my foot and toes start to tingle and/or go numb. Does this happen to anyone else?

I've gotten my butt back in gear and I'm working out fairly regularly (at least for the past two weeks) and it's started again. I don't know if it means I'm doing something wrong or if it's natural. It happens with any pair of shoes I wear, no matter how new or old they are. Any ideas?

Replies

• mouser79
    Options
    It happens to me all the time, not sure why!
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. It's really annoying. I barely use it anymore and opt for the treadmill instead. I wish that Fitness Depot would let me return it.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My toes go numb, and so does the front of my right leg (not always, and not just on the elliptical, but when I'm working out in general).
  • machonregier
    Options
    Yes! This happens to me too. I spoke with a woman at my shoe store and she said that since eliptical movement is not a natural movement there is really nothing that can be done. Your toes will go numb when you are on it for an extended period of time. She said you should try using a looser, but still suportive shoe. I use court shoes and I don't tie them as tight as I normally would rather than running shoes. This helps a little but I still get numbness after half an hour or so. I don't think it's bad for you, just uncomfortable.
  • hdawg
    hdawg Posts: 28
    Options
    I do too, but I noticed if I move them around and shift my feet as I'm working it doesn't happen as often.
  • LauraGUnit
    Options
    Yes! This happens to me too. I spoke with a woman at my shoe store and she said that since eliptical movement is not a natural movement there is really nothing that can be done.

Not natural! But I'm such an agile, perky runner on the elliptical! Are you telling me I wouldn't look like this on the pavement? Darn. :wink:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    My toes get numb while cycling. The shoes that clip into the pedals are very rigid. I have to clip out while coasting sometimes and just shake them out to wake them up :laugh: