Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Options
Started this commitment to a new lifestyle when I realized that I no longer fit into any of the jeans at the mall..TALK ABOUT DEPRESSING!! I refuse, REFUSE, to shop at a plus size store.

So far I have lost 12lbs. I know it doesn't seem like much to the people who have lost 25+ but its a heck of a lot to me, yet I still see no difference ANYWHERE on my body. What the heck! (Not letting it discourage me though as I love to see the number change on the scale)

Just wondering at what weight loss amount did you guys start noticing a change (appearance, clothing size, etc.)?

Replies

• vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 8-10 on the scale before i noticed 1 in the mirror.

I'm starting to judge my success by look not by number

Keep at it, you will start to see results
  • Lynvincible2012
    Lynvincible2012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25lbs and still have to look at before and after photos to see the difference. The mirror (and your mind) is always the harshest critic when it comes to weight loss in my experience! After 25lbs, I have only dropped one dress size, so I think toning and shaping up is definitely as important as actually losing the weight. Best of luck, I'll send you a friend request :) xx
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. It will help you know what your eyes can't see. A lot of people who lose weight have a hard time seeing it in the mirror at first. Measurements help you know that your body is getting smaller.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    The body is just weird. I could go 20lbs without really noticing a difference, but then a huge difference after 5-10lbs gone.

Just keep at it!
  • futbolista10
    Options
    I guess I'm getting too anxious :|