I tried Almond Milk for the first time!

Options
2»

Replies

• Shelluhhhly
    Shelluhhhly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I once used it to make macaroni and cheese....
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I bought some a while ago and the brand I bought was HORRIBLE - unless you are a fan of sugary water, I can't believe they seriously expect anyone to drink it. But, I didn't want to throw it away so I used it in porridge which was ok, though it made it a bit sweeter than I like. One of these days I'll make a home made batch and see if that is nicer.
    So, my advice to Aussies - avoid So Good almond milk, look for a different brand with no added sugar.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I plan to try it soon.

I want to use it in my smoothies. Should I get unsweetened vanilla or plain???
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Sorry for butting in :embarassed: but what would the benefits be of having this over cow's milk if you are not intolerant to that? I understand that almond milk has less calories than even skimmed milk but it has more fat? *confused!* :explode:
  • Amazonstolemyname
    Amazonstolemyname Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't like cows milk (just the thought of where it comes from makes me shudder) so almond milk is perfect to put in my porridge. Water makes porridge too gloopy but almond milks seems to make it extra creamy and delicious.
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    I have a cup of the almond breeze unsweetened vanilla milk with one tablespoon of lite hershey's syrup every time I get home from the gym for recovery. DELICIOUS, and only about 55 calories!
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    Sorry for butting in :embarassed: but what would the benefits be of having this over cow's milk if you are not intolerant to that? I understand that almond milk has less calories than even skimmed milk but it has more fat? *confused!* :explode:

I prefer the taste of almond milk to regular milk. Plus the fat from the almond milk isn't necessarily bad fat!