bloating after working out...

Options
mcohan
mcohan Posts: 116 Member
it is the strangest thing, i get super bloated when i work out (cardio)... this ahppen to anyone else? why does it happne, arenti supposed to feel healthy and skinny as opposed to fat and ugly? haha

thanks for the input

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water during your workout?
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    My main workout is walking and when I walk outdoors my hands swell up so bad. Even if I drink water while I'm walking. I think it's probably from where my hands are pretty much down at my sides maybe??
  • futurefitgirl
    Options
    It is water retention and your body releasing salt. I am not exactly sure of the science behind it, but it is normal and happens to a lot of people. Just make sure you drink lots and lots of water. On a side note: most people think they are drinking enough water but they aren't. Drink half your weight in ounces!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    this happens to me to! does anyone know the science of it???
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too. Glad to know its normal :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    It happens to me when I lift weights. My fingers swell almost immediately. In between sets, I hold my hands over my head and wiggle the fingers (I'm sure I look nuts!) but it does help reduce the bloating. I discovered that I should never, ever weigh myself right after a workout either...Nope. Just...don't :noway:
  • sarahfaisalak
    Options
    hey you all guys should get your thyroid level checked.
    i have hypothyroid, and this is one the main symptom,
    bloating, swelling, water retention....

if you guys have this not to worry its curable and its very common but yes losing weight is a challenge with it.

so get it checked.cuz out 10 people, 8 have them.
  • sarahfaisalak
    Options
    hey you all guys should get your thyroid level checked.
    i have hypothyroid, and this is one the main symptom,
    bloating, swelling, water retention....

if you guys have this not to worry its curable and its very common but yes losing weight is a challenge with it.

so get it checked.cuz out 10 people, 8 have them.