WW points vs Calorie Counting

Just sharing what I did for no real purpose other than sharing in case there are other WWers on here!

So I am counting WW points and decided to also log in my food here just to see how it all ends up. I am allowed 29 points a day and for the past four days it has averaged to 1259 calories a day. Because WW doesn't count calories I was just curious how it all panned out. It seems to work out pretty evenly unless you go overboard on the fruits/veggies that are considered free points. It you eat 5 apples in a day those calories will add up.

Replies

• jules1202
    jules1202 Posts: 65
    That sounds about right since fruit and veggies are free points wise but not calorie free. Give or take a little, current WW point break down to about 40 calories a point and then after than some fruit and veggies are more calorie intensive than others.
    I tried doing both for a while but I got out of the habit when I took a break (health problems and surgery not related to eating habits). Right now I am doing MFP and trying to take a more higher protein/lower sugar approach.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Thank you for this. I've got friends on WW and they've never been able to tell me how many points convert to how many calories. Interesting information
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Thank you for this. I've got friends on WW and they've never been able to tell me how many points convert to how many calories. Interesting information

I was curious. I try to watch my carb intake while doing WW so logging it in here and in my WW journal I get a better idea of what I am putting in my body.
  • I was just on here looking to see if anyone had tried this yet. I used MFP....tried WWers...and am now back to MFP. Although I lost weight, I was frustrated that the app didn't work on my phone or iPad so I couldn't track anything on the go. I also want to make permanent changes and WWers doesn't encourage me to eat BETTER...it just encourages me to eat LESS. However, here I can see my food info and play around and control my actual calorie count better.

I can also control whether I want to focus on losing that week or just maintaining (vacations,etc.).

Has anyone tried using MFP and not tracking fruits and veggies?