I need motivation.. STAT..

Options
I have been inactive on mfp for a year, and i just got back on.... I've been maintaining my weight fine, but now I am trying to lose my last 10-15 lbs.

I have p90x and insanity.... I even started a group for losing weight.... I'm good at motivating and encouraging others... I know how to eat right... I have some of the best dvds for weight loss......

However... I have this serious sweet tooth that always ruins my diet.... AND.. I dont know why I haven't been able to just start exercising yet...

How do you guys push yourself, or talk yourselves into serious commitment and working out no matter how you feel about it?

Replies

• Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    Personally i love working out, so its never been in issue to motivate myself and suff... I do have a knee injury wich i been having for 5yrs now(goin on 6) that prevents me from working out, i do try to do what i can. The only thing that makes it hard is that i have an 18month old and a 31 month old. I just recently commited myself to eating less and healthy, its hard but am doing it because i know i need to. Am at my heviest and i dont like it, i feel bad but i did this to myself and only i can fix it. I also have a bad sweet tooth but if i eat some fruit or a pudding(small cup) or half the pudding it goes away. Dont think i was.much.help... But theres alot you can do for the sweet tooth, maybe if you focus on working out you wont think about it.
  • hailie08
    hailie08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm part of your P90x group and just am now doing the first workout today. I put the dvds in, that was the hardest step for me! Then my 3 1/2 year old started doing it with me and wouldn't let me quit! My own little trainer!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    <--- I put on this shirt and tell myself to Just F***ing Do It.
  • hailie08
    Options
    <--- I put on this shirt and tell myself to Just F***ing Do It.

I need this on my wall! haha
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    lol... JFDI.. Genius... Something like that would totally work for me....

And Halie, you're part of my p90x group... I swear I feel like I'm being a hypocrite.. making a group, and not even working out yet lol...

Ok, My goal today is to make sure I pop in that dvd and J F D I... =)
  • runningag
    runningag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity and LOVE it! I actually plan on starting P90X soon and would love to join that group. I am new to MFP, so how do I find it??? (Probably a stupid question, but I'm still figuring out all the resources on this site).

I have to do it in the morning, or I just can't get the motivation to. I finally bet my sister that we would go shopping ONLY if we both reach our goals. This way we hold each other accountable and we have incentive. If we both don't do it the money goes to a charity and we don't get any new clothes! :)
  • hailie08
    Options
    lol... JFDI.. Genius... Something like that would totally work for me....

And Halie, you're part of my p90x group... I swear I feel like I'm being a hypocrite.. making a group, and not even working out yet lol...

Ok, My goal today is to make sure I pop in that dvd and J F D I... =)

I felt bad because I was o of the first people to join your group and be like, I'm gonna do it! And I just did it for the first time today lol. As long as you start!!!!
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just did my FIRST workout!!!! Thanks girls, really you helped me suck it up and JFDI! =)