C25K NSV

Options
sullivann
sullivann Posts: 199 Member
So today I did day two of C25K! Which is huge....considering I haven't run more than 8 minutes since 2002. O_O

If anyone else is doing C25K I'd love to be pals! :)

Replies

• callen901
    callen901 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm doing C25K as well. Today is Day3, Week 1. I want to do it 6 days a week which means I would have to do each day of the program twice. The first week isn't so bad. Are you using the app?

Great job by the way!
  • xsmilenbstrongx
    Options
    I started to do the C25K too but then needed surgery and had to stop but would LOVE to pick it up again. I think it slowly brings you into it at just the right rate. I did notice it got easier as I changed my eating habits and took in more water too. I wish I could get the app, but I have a droid and I think C25K only contracted with the Iphone : / . I'll be starting up again as soon as I get cleard by my doc. Good luck to you guys in doing it...you'll be great!! : )
  • sullivann
    Options
    I'm using the 'Get Running' app. I love it. ;) I hate running, but you're right, it isn't so bad. hehe

And great job to you too! :D
  • sullivann
    Options
    On my android I had a C25K app that worked pretty well. :) I think they're adding more and more.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded an app on my Droid but haven't started using it yet. Think today might be my first day (stressed to the max so I need to release some negative energy and it might as well be beneficial).

How do you log it in your tracker?
  • xsmilenbstrongx
    Options
    you found it on the droid?! haha okay, clearly i wasnt looking hard enough. thank you for the tip...i will have to look a little harder. I hope to run one of those "color 5ks' in mid-May to end of May. are you looking at a certain date to run your first one?
  • nmmoore1979
    nmmoore1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was NEVER a runner. I'm 32 and before I started C25K the only time I could remember running was in elementary school! When I turned 30 I started C25K and I can now say that I'm a runner. I've run 7 5k's, and 3 sprint triathons. I'm SLOW as hell, but I'm comefortable enough that I can use running as a workout when I don't have another plan. Add me!! I'll support you.
  • callen901
    callen901 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's what I wanna know. How do you log it into the tracker? I don't wanna manually enter it because I'm not sure of the calories I'm burning.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I am doing C25K as well. I did Week 8, Day 1 today and it went great! I actually ended up running longer than it said, LOL! I love running!
  • sullivann
    Options
    I usually have RunKeeper (another great app) going on as well in the background. I stagger the start times, so I'll head out the door and start Runkeeper and Spotify, then 30 seconds in I'll start Get Running and start.

I find that my FitBit and RunKeeper are very similar. RunKeeper even gives you an estimated calorie burn based off your speed/distance. :)

(If anyone has RunKeeper or FitBit feel free to add me there too! :)

http://runkeeper.com/user/thepathlesseaten

http://www.fitbit.com/user/22YJNW

<3
  • wolf5090
    wolf5090 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm doin' C25K too! Always looking for new friends on here ^^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!