BIGGEST LOSER

Options
lizzys
lizzys Posts: 841 Member
I NEED TO GET SERIOUS. IT SEEMS I DO GOOD FOR A DAY THAN I FALL OFF THE WAGON I RECORD IN MY FOOD DIARY EVEN IF IM NOT GOOD BECAUSE SOONER OR LATER I WILL STICK TO MY 1500 CAL AND NOT 3000 BUT FOR THE LAST THREE DAY S I HAVE BEEN EXERCING ALOT WITH TAPES I PICKED AT THE THRIFT STORES I FEEL MY ENORMOUS APPETITE DISAPPEARING WHAT I WAS WONDERING WAS HOW LONG THEY EXERCISE FOR ADAY ON THE BIGGEST LOSER MY NEW GOAL IS TO KEEP UP WITH THAN AND THERE WEIGHT LOST THIS SEASON

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Its really hard to keep up with what they are doing and it really isn't safe.... from what I've heard they are working out 6 to 8 hours a day but they have doctors and trainers on staff at all times monitoring them. Most people don't have the time like they do on the ranch. If you can get to exercising 6 days a week then you are doing GREAT but even that is not necessary especially when you are just starting off. The more you exercise though they healthier you will eat so don't worry it will happen, just takes a little time, good luck and don't give up :happy: :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    That show is a great motivator, but from what I've read (in articles and interviews with the contestants and trainers and such) it's a bit unrealistic to try to keep up with their weight loss. They work out for 7 hours a day and constantly have their diet monitored. You have to remember that it's still a television show that will only get ratings with drastic results, so they have teams of people helping the contestants achieve those results!

That being said... let the show be your momentum and learn from their program! They have great Biggest Loser workout DVDs and a cook book as well!
    '
    Good luck and let us know as you progress!!!:flowerforyou:
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    According to an article in self magazine by Jillian Michaels she says they're in the gym all day and night and do five hours of cardio that she controls. so she tells them how fast they have to run an how many stairs they have to climb etc.... I also read in another magazine, an interview with one the contestants who won and she said when they had the period of time they are allowed to go home and work out on their own she would work out for 8 hours a day. The biggest loser is a great concept but its not really reality, in our busy world we don't have hours and hours to spend in the gym everyday. Not trying to burst your bubble, but the biggest losers gives people to high of expectations. I try to stick with atleast one hour of cardio 5-6 times a week.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Don't expect to be losing like the biggest losers do. They work out 6-8 hours a day and are strictly monitored on their diet, and the foods that they eat are all organic. No processed, no additives, no crap. They feed them the cleanest foods to keep their hormones in check and working at optimum levels, which is why they can put up big numbers every week along with their exercise. They do this as a full time job, its unrealistic to do as much as they do in real life.

But definately use the show as a motivator and learning tool. You can do it!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I agree with all the posts here. The Biggest Loser is a great motivator, but unless you plan on making working out your full time job, you can't expect the kinds of numbers the contestants are putting up each week. There's a whole staff making all that happen. Just stick to your MFP plan and you will see the weight come off.
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • lizzys
    Options
    :tongue: im out of work right now .so i have a lot of time . i have been doiong fun tapes like sweating to the oldies . walk a way the pounds weight watchers get in shape 30 min total body work out and a basic stair step im becoming addicted and i want more
  • trifitness
    trifitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i agree with all the posts. even though you are outta work, you realistically should not work out that much. your body really does need time to heal. they do all those hours for only a short duration of time. if you did work at that intensity, you would burn out. or hurt yourself and set yourself back. listen to your body, do what you enjoy, being tapes or whatever. follow a good eating habit, and it will come off. patience. adding weight doenst happen over night, so losing it wont either. we are all here to help eachother. dont give up or give in:):happy:
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I would love to keep up with the guys on biggest loser but they exercise 6 hours a day. I have a life I could barely get my 1 hour in.

now if you have 6-8 hours a day to work out and its cool with your doctor go for it.

Keep us posted
  • lizzys
    Options
    i love the show this week they lost 155 pounds total this week i lost 5 pounds this weeek next week its ten for me more exercise one girl only lost four still in theri
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    The show was awesome this week ... i was soooo happy they made the 150pounds this week ..... glad to have Tracey back and she did great for not being able to excercise like the others .... I was soooooo trying to understand the guest chef but i couldnt understand him very well :cry: oh well lol
  • lizzys
    Options
    i got about the meat bake broil poach grill boil dont eat fast food salads with cheese about 700 something for one i only got that much