if you drink it does it count?

Options
it was brought to my attention that i have been neglecting to log my drinks on my food log.. i get the juice and keeping track of water.. but does everyone log thing like coffee tea dit soda etc....?

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat and Drink as best as I can each day. Many drinks (water excluded) have calories etc so I count them to stay on track-many are empty calories so I try to limit thier intake. Coffee and Tea (depending on whats in it) are very low calories.
  • ahipsher
    ahipsher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Black Coffee has calories, carbs, and sugars.
    Diet sodas have lots of sodium in them.
    Teas are typically zero across the board, but the do have caffeine (unless they're an herbal or fruit tea, but it's still good to log them).
  • hailie08
    hailie08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I add them to help keep track of sugars and carbs and such:)

(and i drink non diet pop so the calories too)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I don't log my coffee, but I do log the milk I put in it.
    I must admit I don't log my diet cokes, but I try to have only a couple a week if that now. They do have sodium, so they should be logged.
    Everything else I drink like beer, wine, I of coarse log.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Yes. I also log black pepper.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yes, log everything. It will give you a more accurate picture of what's going on if you need to make adjustments.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Teas are typically zero across the board, but the do have caffeine (unless they're an herbal or fruit tea, but it's still good to log them).
    What?

BLACK coffee has no carbs, or sugars. Stuff people add to coffee may have carbs or sugars. Black coffee varies between 2 to 5 calories a cup.

Diet sodas do not have "lots" of sodium in them. They have less sodium than most vegetables.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Yep.

black coffee doesn't have any calories to my knowledge. if it does, they would be <5 per cup so i would consider it negligible.
    I don't log things like coffee, tea, water.
    Just drinks that actually contain a serious amount of calories like milk.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Yes. I also log black pepper.

^^ this, I just want to know what is going in my body, but I think it is a personal preference :)
  • ahipsher
    Options
    Yep.

What?

BLACK coffee has no carbs, or sugars. Stuff people add to coffee may have carbs or sugars. Black coffee varies between 2 to 5 calories a cup.

Diet sodas do not have "lots" of sodium in them. They have less sodium than most vegetables.

When I log my black coffee ("brewed from grounds"), MFP says that it contains carbs and sugars
  • ahipsher
    Options
    Yep.

What?

When I log my black coffee ("brewed from grounds"), MFP says that it contains carbs and sugars

Oof. I'm so stupid. I've been using my brand name of coffee, but now looking at the entry, it seems it's a user created one that doesn't account for the milk in the title. It also says it contains 5g of fat and 16g sugars.

No wonder my sugar totals have been so high lately. :embarassed:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options

how many carbs and cals is it saying?
    Probably an incorrect entry if it's more than 1 gram honestly.

Personally, with the exception of pro bodybuilders, I don't think anyone has their diet on point enough to worry about 5 calories of coffee every morning. It would take years for that to even amount to a one pound difference in weight.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    Oof. I'm so stupid. I've been using my brand name of coffee, but now looking at the entry, it seems it's a user created one that doesn't account for the milk in the title. It also says it contains 5g of fat and 16g sugars.

No wonder my sugar totals have been so high lately. :embarassed:

haha. I knew it had to be a user error.
    at least you know your sugar hasn't been high then.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea or coffee. Just my coffee creamer and juice if I drink any. Oh and the sprite when i drink vodka and sprites :D
  • ahipsher
    Options
    I thought it was a little odd too.

I enjoy 1-2 pieces of fruit a day but I thought my sugar totals were a little ridiculous, haha.