Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 17

Options

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    K, it's my weigh in day-ready 140.4! Down 5.2 lbs! I'v e been Eating Clean and sticking to my calories for almost 2 weeks.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Finally something good happens! Only problem is I haven't been able to strength train for 3 weeks, so could be muscle mass loss.:angry: Either way, finally 1 good thing has happened today. I have to deal with my 17 yr old soon-he'll be home finally, STRESS :explode: ,and I have all the travelling in Sept. that will be a very hard temptation. Thanks for all your support guys, you truly are special friends:heart:

Yay!!!!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    K, it's my weigh in day-ready 140.4! Down 5.2 lbs! I'v e been Eating Clean and sticking to my calories for almost 2 weeks.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Finally something good happens! Only problem is I haven't been able to strength train for 3 weeks, so could be muscle mass loss.:angry: Either way, finally 1 good thing has happened today. I have to deal with my 17 yr old soon-he'll be home finally, STRESS :explode: ,and I have all the travelling in Sept. that will be a very hard temptation. Thanks for all your support guys, you truly are special friends:heart:

So proud of you girl!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    sorry my weigh in was not on there. We have been crazy busy with siding our house and trying to get a new roof on it before winter sets in. And it was TOM week this week so I will wait till this week to weigh in.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Now weigh yourself 7 days after the 1st day, in am,etc. That's when you're apparently at your lightest.:bigsmile: Taking my daughter to Ontaio to live for Hockey School tomorrow.:sad: :happy: Mixed emotions of course for her, but I'll see her in Nov. if not sooner at hockey tournaments..So, I'll chat to you guys from there!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    my son is in 8th...his first football game is this evening - I hope he has fun....he got creamed in practice the other day by the biggest kid and has a huge bruise under his chin, on his knees, elbow was cut, bruised on both shoulders - he's pretty banged up but went back again yesterday - i was very proud of him to not give up after one tough day - something we can learn from - huh? Just because we have 1 bad day - brush off, in his case take some advil, and move forward!

Chrissy, I used to play alot of hockey, and did my fair share of bodychecking. I was also one of the fastest guys on the ice, . Big mass, fast strong legs. Look out. Hence where thumper came from.

Anyways, a point or two to your son. ALWAYS know your surroundings, who's coming at you, who is around you before catching a ball etc. If he see's someone coming at him.
    He's got 3 choices.
    1. to stand up to the guy and try and hit him at same time. (might get creamed again).
    (He has to exert force towards the guy when he is not expecting it.)
    2. Wait until the last second, and either duck or move out of the way.
    3. Run fast and the opposite way.

If he does #2 and sucks, bends over. I tell yah, the guy trying to hit him again next time will think twice about it.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    When does this competition end? 20 weeks?
    I'd like to join, but if it ends in a few weeks I might as well not...
    That is, if I'm allowed to join.
  • hmo4
    Options
    When does this competition end? 20 weeks?
    I'd like to join, but if it ends in a few weeks I might as well not...
    That is, if I'm allowed to join.

Join in! We love new people. Once this ends, we restart when Biggest Loser starts-Sept.14 I think. Think of it as a warm up. There has been a ton of success with this group, and we are a very close supportive group with great people! :drinker:
    So, I'm in Cornwall, Ontario with my oldest girl and hubby, who has been a little ornery for my liking, (Sheridan that is, not Cliff), but we' have had an extremely long day. No one slept last night, I got up at 5:00, we flew different flights-I exchanged in Toronto, and didn't get any sleep cause the screaming kids on the plane. I'm so past that, I just wanted to give the kid my banana or something to keep him busy-some parents just don't get kids. When I flew, with a 3 yr old and 7 mos old, I kept them both busy, with special little surprises, like new cars or whatever from my diaper bag. We played I spy, and the baby slept. Some people get volotile on these flights. So with that and the 40 yr old who kept kicking my seat I could hardly wait to get here. I did pretty well with eating. I'm over cause the only exercise was walking A LOT today. I had Sizzling Fjitas at Kelsey's-seems like a lot of cals I think, but I thought it was a healthier choice:huh: :grumble: Anyway, I think I did ok. Need more water, but bought a bunch for my room. Tomorrow's a new day, and went into NY State to a Walmart and got Greek Yogurt! Will keep my food in check, and plug along. Hopefully can exercise tomorrow eve. Take care guys. Have a good weekend. PS I weighed myself this am out of curiosity and was up a pound! WTH?:noway: :angry: :huh: Later... Kath:heart:
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Alright! I'm in. :smile:

Should I message someone with my weight?
    I'm an even 200 right now.
    I'd like to break into the 100's by the end of next week.
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Alright! I'm in. :smile:

Should I message someone with my weight?
    I'm an even 200 right now.
    I'd like to break into the 100's by the end of next week.

Welcome!!! :flowerforyou: We report our weight each Wednesday to Rach, the one who started this thread. Send your starting weight and current weight to her on Wednesday. :smile:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    chrissy - I started C25K on Friday. I made it through, but I had pain on the sides of my legs, below the knee. Did you have that? What the heck is it and how do I make it stop? lol, it only happens when I'm jogging. I walk on the treadmill at 3.0 then jog at 4.0.
  • hmo4
    Options
    So I'm soo broke from this trip getting this child's dorm room ready and buying shelves, cleaning products, snacks, you name it! I want her and her girlfriend to have the stuff while we're here so she can get it instead of her having to spend her cash on that stuff. Everyone needs a nerf football! At least got stuff at Dollarama.:happy: Coaches and people here seem great. Kids here from 16 countriers! She`ll be able to use her French which makes me very happy. Probably will help be a Translator again-sure glad I had her in French Emmersion. No exercise again, but eating was within limits. Today my shoulder is very sore-actually was sliding and shifting and clicking. I guess i`ll be in for the third surgery.:sad: :sad: Hope you`re all well. Feeling sooooo sore.....:cry: Managed to get a nickname by the coaches already. I hit the curb twice with our rental car (PT Cruiser), and my hubby already had a sore back. So I`m now called `Crash`` and even being introduced to the other parents that way.:laugh: Because of course, they all had to be outside watching when I did it. Sheridan was soooo embarrassed. I just laughed. Teens are so embarrassed by everything! I just keep trying to teach her to laugh at yourself and people laugh with you, not at you.:bigsmile: One day.....keep smilin``, I``m trying!:wink:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Kath- that is pretty funny and something i would probably do too. Hang in there with your shoulder, hopefully it will get better with time.

I had another ultra sound today and saw the heartbeat. Everything looks fine and they are reassuring that it does not look like a miscarriage, but i am restricted from any type of heavy lifting or excercise except walking. I am also having trouble eating all my good foods, they do not sit well with me at all. I am going to have to be really careful how i get through this pregnancy.

Happy MOnday everyone!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    chrissy - I started C25K on Friday. I made it through, but I had pain on the sides of my legs, below the knee. Did you have that? What the heck is it and how do I make it stop? lol, it only happens when I'm jogging. I walk on the treadmill at 3.0 then jog at 4.0.

Did you do the 5 minute warm up walk first?? I always start with at least 5 minute walk and then a 1/4 mile cool down walk then stretch
  • chrissyh
    Options
    my son is in 8th...his first football game is this evening - I hope he has fun....he got creamed in practice the other day by the biggest kid and has a huge bruise under his chin, on his knees, elbow was cut, bruised on both shoulders - he's pretty banged up but went back again yesterday - i was very proud of him to not give up after one tough day - something we can learn from - huh? Just because we have 1 bad day - brush off, in his case take some advil, and move forward!

Chrissy, I used to play alot of hockey, and did my fair share of bodychecking. I was also one of the fastest guys on the ice, . Big mass, fast strong legs. Look out. Hence where thumper came from.

Anyways, a point or two to your son. ALWAYS know your surroundings, who's coming at you, who is around you before catching a ball etc. If he see's someone coming at him.
    He's got 3 choices.
    1. to stand up to the guy and try and hit him at same time. (might get creamed again).
    (He has to exert force towards the guy when he is not expecting it.)
    2. Wait until the last second, and either duck or move out of the way.
    3. Run fast and the opposite way.

If he does #2 and sucks, bends over. I tell yah, the guy trying to hit him again next time will think twice about it.

Well - after his first scrimmage - he's pumped and ready to play - he sacked the quarterback once - he had a blast - I do hope he continues to have fun!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Kath- that is pretty funny and something i would probably do too. Hang in there with your shoulder, hopefully it will get better with time.

I had another ultra sound today and saw the heartbeat. Everything looks fine and they are reassuring that it does not look like a miscarriage, but i am restricted from any type of heavy lifting or excercise except walking. I am also having trouble eating all my good foods, they do not sit well with me at all. I am going to have to be really careful how i get through this pregnancy.

Happy MOnday everyone!

That's great news - glad everything is going well-you'll figure out the foods! Don't forget your prenatal vitamins!
  • Leigh14
    Options

Did you do the 5 minute warm up walk first?? I always start with at least 5 minute walk and then a 1/4 mile cool down walk then stretch

Yeah! Actually, I did 25 minutes on the elliptical. Then I walked 5 minutes on the treadmill before starting the program.

I did a little bit of reading today and found that a high arch may cause this. But, I don't have a high arch. I do walk with more pressure on the outside edge of my feet, though... maybe I need special shoes. I don't know. I may try this again today if I don't end up mowing our yard.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Yeah! Actually, I did 25 minutes on the elliptical. Then I walked 5 minutes on the treadmill before starting the program.

I did a little bit of reading today and found that a high arch may cause this. But, I don't have a high arch. I do walk with more pressure on the outside edge of my feet, though... maybe I need special shoes. I don't know. I may try this again today if I don't end up mowing our yard.
    lcorrell, Sounds like you have "shin splints.
    Stretch good, warm up walks before and after jogging, But also could depend on your shoes.
    I was getting shin splints, but was stretching and walking, but had a crappy pair of "sneakers".

I read about having proper running shoes can prevent this. I invested $100 in new pair of Saucony's, and haven't had shin splints since.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    My daughter can't wear mizunos - they were $100 shoes but not for her....everyone is different and it's amazing what a difference the shoes will make....I have a fit with my heal spur...lots of ice.
  • hmo4
    Options
    I have to wear motion controlled runners-asics. I went to a Podiatrists though too. I had shin splints from doing squats wrong before also. Form is everything-even on an elliptical. Check your posture. Go online, I had read an article about it once. Keep it up, but make sure you do calf stretching exercises.:flowerforyou:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    It was the shoes!!!! :bigsmile: I wore a different (wider) pair of sneakers last night and had no problem at all! Thanks, guys. :flowerforyou: