Why can't I see it?

Options
I've lost 8lbs since finding this site.. and 15 all together from when I started dieting... None of my pants fit anymore, they are too big.. some of the clothes I have from before baby fit me.. and I can feel a difference when wearing my clothes... but when I look in the mirror... I don't really see much of a change. I can feel it.. but not see it.. :( I still have all the excess skin from my last pregnancy.. and no matter how much weight I lose.. it just doesn't seem to go away. So I still look fat.. I lost weight everywhere.. but my belly just looks Bllahhhhh...... Anyone else?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I still see how I looked at 313#. My husband tells me I do look thinner and that he's not making me feel better. For me, I've been with a big belly and butt for decades, so unless my stomach magically goes flat, I won't see a difference.

Just keep in mind you're not the only one. <3
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You see your self everyday, and the day to day changes are so small you don't notice. Take before and after pictures every month and compare those instead.
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    Have you tried doing before and are photos? You see yourself so often you may not notice the gradual difference. I personally feel better about my weight in clothes. When I try a bikini on I still feel like I look like a whale, but the pictures remind me how far I have come. If you haven't already then I suggest you do!!
  • shaunacaddell
    Options
    I have had 3 children and i totally understand what u mean. I have never really excercised before and so even if i lost weight i always felt i looked the same. I finally started going to the gym and did the 30 day shred and i can finally see a difference in my stomach. Before and after pics really help.
  • jerjan
    jerjan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ I agree with the rest of the pals take photos of yourself a d you will definitely see a difference.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on the one area you hate (which I'm assuming is your stomach based on your post).

Break out the measuring tape and track your progress in inches lost - not just weight, and it will help you notice it more.

I do find that I focus more on the things I don't like/am still trying to change, rather than focus on the mini-successes along the way. Hang in there!
  • rosemadderv
    Options
    Basically, your mental image is stuck, and you can't see the stuff other people can see.

Don't worry about it too much if you can help it- focus on measurable goals and stuff like your measurements, pant sizes and achievements like tracking for a whole week or other healthy goals.

Try not to put yourself down if someone complements you- the correct response to "Oh you look great have you lost weight" will only ever be "Thank you!" or "thanks I've been working hard".

Practice receiving complements graciously, buy yourself new clothes here and there that actually fit and bring along a friend to help you make sure you actually buy the right size.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You see your self everyday, and the day to day changes are so small you don't notice. Take before and after pictures every month and compare those instead.

I really need to start doing this.

It's amazing what our minds can do and how they can block us from seeing the new us instead of the old us. I see changes in my body, especially since starting with 30 Day Shred and Pilates... but other days I get down and see the me from 25 lbs and 7 inches ago.