is it normal for weight to fluctuate day to day

Options
I weighed myself Tuesday and I was 174 lbs, when I weighed myself yesturday, I was 175 lbs..I don't normally weigh myself but once a week, but I was wondering, even tho it is only 1 lb, if this is normal??? 1lb makes a difference in my mind, so it did bother me a bit.

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and it sometimes fluctuates about a 1 lb or so. I don't get too anxious about it but i like to way myself daily so that I know if my weight is creeping back up again. I also take measurement once a week.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I can vary by as much as 4lbs from one day to the next..All depends on how much you`ve eaten, digestability of the food etc..I wouldn`t worry about it..
  • xxxemaxxx
    xxxemaxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    my weight varies constantly between about 3lbs. I now try to weigh myself once a week as it frustrates me to see the constant changes :(
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It is very frustrating which is why I stoppped stepping on the scale daily, I do it weekly. My weight too fluctuates 1-2 pounds from day to day. I know this doesnt help much, but at least you know that you're not alone! :-)
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is. So don't let it get you down! :flowerforyou:
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate daily too. I only weigh myself about once per week or every other week.

Good luck.
  • nursematty
    nursematty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weight is normal to fluctuate daily. It is based on water retention, hormones, fecal matter... it can be very frustrating when you are working so hard to lose it. Recommendation is to weigh yourself weekly and celebrate small success to stay motivated. :) Best wishes!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only track it weekly.
    Many things can factor into what the scales show you.
    I eat my meals at same time everyday.. I drink 40 plus ounces of water a day, throughout the day.
    I weigh myself as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning and it can fluctuate up to four pounds from day to day..
    its more about how my clothes fit...... and my measurements than the scales.