Problems with chest strap of HRM (ladies)

Options
Has anyone else had any problems with their HRM not working well during high impact cardio? I can not get the chest strap to stay in place while running or doing jumping cardio and it's really frustrating to not get an accurate HR or calorie count during my runs. It picks up the HR for a few seconds after I adjust but then it reads really low or not at all. I don't have the problem when I do elliptical or other low impact cardio. Anyone else had this problem and find a solution?

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    No, mine is fine. One thing is to be sure you get the sensors really wet - that has caused me problems before.

Also be sure it's fitted properly so it's not sliding down. I tuck mine inside my sports bra band and have no issues.
  • jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    No, mine is fine. One thing is to be sure you get the sensors really wet - that has caused me problems before.

Also be sure it's fitted properly so it's not sliding down. I tuck mine inside my sports bra band and have no issues.

Agree with this completely. You may need to tighten the strap and I've found the wetting part is essential.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Also the washing after use is essential! Sweat and salt build up and make it hard to get a good connection.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Make sure it's tight enough! Mine consitently loosens during a workout, so I have to tighten it before every workout I do! If I don't, it slips around and doesn't give me a good reading. If I don't get it tight enough, the sports bra just pushes it right off my chest!
  • Sarl87
    Sarl87 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have this problem but only when I go swimming it just keeps tellin me to check strap
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. It is sufficiently wet and gets a good reading in the begining. I'll try to wash it as I don't do that often enough and I'll check to see if the starp is too loose (it feels like it fits fine but may be a bit loose for running).
  • westcoastredhead
    Options
    Hmmm... Just got mine about a month ago, and I was concerned that would be an issue before I got it, but that hasn't happened at all to me yet, and some of the aerobics classes I take are very high impact... I also put my strap on and then wear my sports bra over top and it seems to keep it really secure like that.

Nicole