J-Lo kind of booty....Earned or Genetics??

Options
I would love to have a nice, plump, firm and round butt.

Can I get this from squats and lunges or is it more genetics than anything??

Replies

• kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Genetics play a part, yes. Though Squats, Deadlifts, Strait Legged Deadlifts, and Lunges will most certainly get you the results you're wanting.
  • Chari_Jan
    Chari_Jan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has an absolutley amazing butt and does nothing but sit on it! LOL It makes me sick and happy at the same time. LMAO!!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My butt is not like J-Lo, but it's definitely rounder and firmer now with squats/lunges/plyometrics.
  • Chari_Jan
    Chari_Jan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference. Nice results!

Developing a nice butt is the only thing that gets me thru my sets of squats and lunges.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I think it's more genetics than anything. My mom, sister, brother, and I all have it (we all have lordosis of our spines, which makes our butts and lower backs have an exaggerated curvature). I'm the only one of us who is regularly active. I have many very fit friends and family with flat butts, regardless of what they do.
  • Lynvincible2012
    Lynvincible2012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Possibly genetics, I'm blessed in that area and when I started dieting my bf WARNED me not to lose it! :) I'm sure squats and jogging help for firmness and tone though! :)
  • erineddy81
    erineddy81 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Honestly I never really had much of a booty before incorporating heavily weighted squats and deadlifts into my leg day. Now I have to get jeans that fit my booty/thighs and get them taken in at the waist :) not to bad a problem to have :D
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    A lot of appearance is genetics. Like I can do squats, lunges, and deadlifts until Kingdom come, and my butt will look firmer and feel awesome, but I'll never have the bodonkadonk appeal of J-Lo, simply because it's just not built that way in correlation to the rest of my body. Part of having a the genetics though, is you do have to put in some work for it to look really good. So it's a bit of both, but that actual bootylicious aspect isn't really something that everyone can get just by working hard. ;)
  • futbolista10
    Options
    All throughout my life people called me j-lo or ghettobooty :| and that was before I started working out, so I would say the plump part is genetics..but to get a nice, toned, and super firm butt.. deff needs to be earned.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    One of my daughters has a J-Lo booty. She has always been very active but when she started seriously working out it got bigger and higher. On the other hand, I have no butt. It's not that it's flat, just really small. I have been working out and actually lost some of it! although I did gain more muscle and it seems to sit a bit higher. I could do squats until the end of time and it would just never get big.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    I've met her but I am not friends with her as I am with her ex's family, his niece in particular. And I am 100% sure it's both genetics and earned. MA's niece, also Puerto Rican, has the same, if not bigger booty and looks like her and Jennifer Lopez could be related! While I know she exercises to keep it round and firm, I know her mama had a lot to do with it :laugh: That doesn't mean you can't work with what you got!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It's largely genetics, although exercise helps to improve on nature.
  • SoxxEBeotch
    SoxxEBeotch Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Genetics!!! I used to hate it, but I've come to accept it... I'm known as 'K-Vo' to many of my friends lol............ Nothing fits my waist, hips or thighs 'right'. If one area fits, the other doesn't. the thighs and butt of my pants are almost always snug, and the waist always big. Which is why right now, I'd rather stick to yoga pants lol... :wink:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Anyone can create a fantastic *kitten* with the proper application of heavy squats and deadlifts combined with a properly balanced diet.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    yeah, I think J-Lo's is genetic. But you can get a nice one with exercise too. I have one now. Not very big or impressive, but it's getting there. :laugh:
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    An *kitten* like J-lo is genetic! Keeping it looking great is the product of exercise. I'm latin and have been cursed with the booty. But believe me when I say their is nothing nice about a big fat *kitten*! A big firm one is something completely different! I have had both and now intend on keeping the big firm one!