Bigger isn't better in Little Rock

Options
2»

Replies

• tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am also in the Little Rock area! I work in Sherwood and live in Cabot. I moved here two years ago from Las Vegas and my husband and I have a 4 year old girl.
    I've been on fitnesspal since the beginning of November and have lost 57 pounds. I have troublw with exercise as welll with plantar faciatis in my right heel. What we did is we got the WII fit for Christmas and use that to play with my daughter and get some exercise in.
    We also do some walking now with our dog and try to just do any movements that we can.
    Please add me and we can keep each other motivated! Good to know someone else close by,
    Maria

We live in Cabot. We are originally from Ohio and moved here almost 7 years ago. I have a 7 1/2 year old son and a 3 1/2 year old daughter. I have lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks and that is with some splurging. I can't wait to see what I can do once I am cleared to exercise!
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Can't you do other stuff like lights weights, i'm sure that when the weight comes off your back will get much better as well
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hey and welcome! I'm almost 27 and looking for some new friends near my age, feel free to add me!

As for the no exercise part, can you walk? Walking is usually low impact and tons of people have lost extra weight just by walking it off. Just a suggestion :)
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hey and welcome! I'm almost 27 and looking for some new friends near my age, feel free to add me!

As for the no exercise part, can you walk? Walking is usually low impact and tons of people have lost extra weight just by walking it off. Just a suggestion :)

Nope. Walking more than just daily necessity increases my pain and also makes my knees hurt because of how and where my back is out. I should be able to start doing some gentle yoga next week. FINGERS CROSSED
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am in Conway!!!!! :)
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Perryville. There's a lot of great places to hike in Central Arkansas. Used to do a lot of it when I was younger. Of course, I was thinner then....hmmm maybe that's why lol. Now I live in Oregon and I am getting back into hiking now that, hopefully, the rain is on its way out for summer. You can add me if you like. Us Arkansas girls have to stick together :happy:
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    How often do you go? Eight adjustments might just fly by if you are going in a few times a week. when you are that badly misaligned, really, it's just scary to think the amount of damage you could do to yourself with pinched nerves and what all. I know from experience. Personally I think just keep doing what you can and focus on recovering. Once you can move freely, then go be unstoppable.

And honestly, I would trust my chiropractor's opinion over my medical doctor's on just about anything health-related, any day of the week. I am just recovering from a pinched nerve that was keeping me from almost everything, including working and sleeping ... my medical doctor was content to prescribe me narcotics and wait for it to get worse. I found a good chiropractor and 3 months later am about 99% better. I'd trust that man with my life at this point, haha!

Good luck with everything!

I feel the same way about my chiropractor! I've been going to him for 20+ years. I secretly think of him as the "Magic Man."
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi.. My wife and I are from Little Rock and have been on MFP for just over 1 year.

we have a group on here we started that any of you is welcome to join to meet other MFP'ers from arkansas. the group is "little Rock Mafia" Just meant as a playful name, not actually associated with a crime family, legion of doom, or any other evil groups. lol