Wrong to be eating the bulk of my calories at dinner?

Options
I tend to graze during the day and have a very small breakfast & lunch, consuming about half of my daily calories with dinner. Anyone have thoughts on this and if I should make any changes? I'm not hungry during the day and it seems to be working, but I wonder if I could see better results with some minor changes to the timing of calorie intake. Also worth mentioning, I work out in the evenings as well and my dinner meals are well before bedtime, at least 4 hours or more. Thoughts, tips, and advice is most appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it, as long as it isn't interfering with other things, like sleep.
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The only thing it would affect is energy levels, and from what you described you don't seem to be having any problems there. Carry on!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too, because I do the same thing. I usually have about 700-800 calories for dinner (my daily total is 1400). I do know based on my education (pre-nursing) that eating something every 2-4 hours keeps your metabolism up due to your body working constantly to digest the food. However, personally, I don't believe in eating even though you're not hungry.
  • krazykando
    Options
    I tend to eat most of my calories at dinner time also and I work out in the evenings. So far it hasn't hurt my weightloss any. I have been losing approx 1 to 1.5 pounds a week doing this.