Lose weight and look younger?

Options
I have looked on a lot of these forums and noticed how much younger people look when they lose weight. I had thought that losing weight would actually make you look older because you have less fat to "puff out" the wrinkles..lol.. any thoughts on this?

Replies

• clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    someone just this morning thought I was 25. I'm actually 31. then someone else thought I was 21. So yea, I think losing weight does help make you look younger. I get your idea about the weight "puffing out" the wrinkles, but oh well. Looking younger is a nice bonus to losing weight!
  • swatkins1c
    Options
    Well my thought is when u lose weight you usually eat better and sweat more which gets all the aging toxins out also when your tight you look more youthfull.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hmm....I think it depends on the person and if they actually *gasp* lose too much weight! One of my friends lost lots of weight and looked much younger....then decided it wasn't enough of a loss...now, she looks pretty tough.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I do miss my baby fat cheeks. :(
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just updated my photo with a thinner version....and I definitely think I look MUCH MUCH older :(
    Aprilpic08-05-10-1.jpg
    2012-04-20-40826-3.jpg
  • mandiemma
    mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I was thinner I looked much older, now I look my age. I have a friend who had a round doll face and looked like a teen and then she lost 100 pounds and now looks at least 35ish and she's only 28.

Guess it depends on the person...
  • RabiaQureshi
    RabiaQureshi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    no dear u r lukin good:smile:
  • br04416
    br04416 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It helped me. Someone thought I was 18. I am 30!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I reckon it depends on the skin type. I've seen some people look younger when they lose weight and I've seen some people look older in the face that is. From what I see in your pic you have good skin so my guess is that you will look younger :wink:
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of people ask if I've found the fountain of youth in the last few weeks! I did cut my hair though...
  • spiceshirl
    spiceshirl Posts: 177
    Options
    Yeah You do look younger...I can still pull age 23,(shhhh) he thinks am 26 ha ha am going to be 37 this year!! I may keep his number for the golden years!!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing with before and after pics! I mean some of these people look 10-15 years younger! I hope I see the same results for myself!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Some people look younger, some look older, just depends on you.......
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I think some of it does have to do with eating healthier (it really does wonders to your skin!) and being generally happier with yourself and more confident. Confidence is sexy. But I think it just all depends on the person. I know a lot of people that have lost weight in their face and look a lot younger. I'm not sure what it is, but it works.
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have looked on a lot of these forums and noticed how much younger people look when they lose weight. I had thought that losing weight would actually make you look older because you have less fat to "puff out" the wrinkles..lol.. any thoughts on this?

Has to do with lifestyles, genetics and taking care of yourself... ;)
  • liesl78
    liesl78 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have noticed that from the before and after pics in this forum. But I think it depends on the person and how drastic it was. My friend is in her 50s and lost a lot too quickly - 30 lbs - due to stress (she's involved in a nasty divorce, courtesy of her ex) and now she actually looks older. Her face shows wrinkles that were barely noticeable before, and she told me her thighs are also a problem. I personally think she still looks fabulous.

Speaking for myself, I've always looked young, but now on the verge of turning 34, got carded for an R-rated movie. I could not stop laughing.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It helped me. Someone thought I was 18. I am 30!

Wow you lucky! They'll be asking for your ID when you need to buy some alcohol, yeah? Lol
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I switched! I look much younger xD

Me at 14:
    FxCam_1301699826268.jpg

Now me almost 21:
    FxCam_1297660415744-1.jpg
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I agree, in my before photo (on prof) i was 38 and looked about 45, now im almot 42 and I feel like I look 41 and a 1/2 lol....which is still better than looking 7 yrs older than I was lol.
  • mccollumse
    mccollumse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I read something about this a long time ago. There was a study done with twins. With younger twins the overweight one looked older.....but with older sets of twins, the skinny one looked older. So, there IS something about the fat filling in those wrinkles. I can't remember the "break even" point, but I think it was around age 35 when heavier people looked younger.