Zumba on Wii

Options
Hello!
Does anyone know if the Zumba game for the Wii tells you the calories burned after you complete a session? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Jennifer

Replies

• amandabateman411
    Options
    yes it tells you an estimate. mine is always a little higher, but to be safe you should just go by what it tells you!
  • Taffyali
    Taffyali Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello!
    Does anyone know if the Zumba game for the Wii tells you the calories burned after you complete a session? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Jennifer

Hi. I've got Zumba Fitness 2 and it does give you the calories burned, however, I was a little sceptical as to its accuracy. Last weekend I did a 40 minute intermediate session and it reported a 396 calorie burn. After reading that the Wii can sometimes give a generous result I googled Zumba calories but that website said it could have been more like 440 calories for a 40 minute session!

For no other reason other than not believing a burn of 396 cals I entered 250 onto my MFP diary.

Hopefully somebody will come along and tell us that it really could have been 400!!
  • angelbaby23
    angelbaby23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use a Heart rate monitor with my Zumba Fitness 2 game now.Before I was going off what it told me but boy was I surprised when I put on my Heart rate monitor and it was was off.

For me 5'2,24yr old female,196 lbs
    30min Zumba estimate-(226cal burned)but by HRM was reading(533cal burned)

I think the zumba calorie average it displays is based on accuracy of moves so I could sit on my couch and moved the wii controller and it will say I burned "X" amount when really I didn't.On the flip side I could be working hard and just not getting the moves quite right and the Zumba will cheat me calories burned.

I strongly suggest investing in a Heart rate monitor as it will be based off of your actually increased heart rate and energy exertion.Plus depending in which kind you get you can also input age,weight,height and it will give you a even more detailed reading of calories burned. :)

Best of luck and happy losing!
  • jenniferc536
    Options
    Thank ya!!!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I burn almost double what it tells me I do I would get a HRM if I where you