Walk away the pounds

Options
Hey everybody...I've been trying a variety of exercises and wondered if many of you did the walk away the pounds...Do you think this particular exercise is significant enough for weight loss? I'm unsure of the calorie burn, etc. I have the 3 & 4 mile...

Replies

• cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great way to burn calories... as long as you're walking at a brisk pace and not strolling along. It can be better than running on your joints and is very effective. Walking on an incline is fantastic as well. We walk our dogs at least a mile every morning... a three or four mile walk is much better. Keep up the good work.
  • vstarcher
    Options
    Walk away the pounds is how I started my weight loss journey. I have lost about 60 lbs so far (40-45 of them on MFP). I always worked up a good sweat with the 3, 4, and 5 mile walks.

It's also a good way to get into exercise if you haven't ever exercised or if you haven't exercised in a while.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I lost 24 lbs so far and thats all I ever did was walk.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I use them when Michigan gets too snowy and cold to walk outside. I like them because there is no fancy dance moves....I am too clumsy and uncoordinated for all that stuff. I would like to know the calorie burn also. I log it under aerobics, but wonder if it could go under walking???? I doubt I'm logging it right anyway....
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I use them when Michigan gets too snowy and cold to walk outside. I like them because there is no fancy dance moves....I am too clumsy and uncoordinated for all that stuff. I would like to know the calorie burn also. I log it under aerobics, but wonder if it could go under walking???? I doubt I'm logging it right anyway....
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Yes I love walking and it contribute to my weight loss TREMENDOUSLY .....I love brisk walking with my waist slimmer belt and pants underneath of my workout clothes and I have a 20lb weight vest for walking and look where it got me YES WALKING:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • vctkell
    Options
    I walk on the weekends anywhere from 3 - 7 miles. I agree the hills or inclines really get your heart rate up. Get a heart monitor it will tell you how many calories burned and how long you have walked. When
    I walk the 7 miles it is over 900 cal burned. I was stuck and the scales would not move until
    I started walking. Keep up the good work !!!:happy:
  • MagPie78
    MagPie78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes you can log it under walking, then you need to know the speed that you are walking for it to calculate it. :smile:

222803.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • beveeh
    Options
    Thanks guys..been trying to shake up my routine! I wore my little exercise belt as well and it does make you sweat sweat sweat...just gonna keep walking!