• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 pounds and about 15 years...

5133274_4380.jpg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person and the age. My 26 year old friend looked younger after losing weight. My 36 year old friend looked older after losing weight.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have looked on a lot of these forums and noticed how much younger people look when they lose weight. I had thought that losing weight would actually make you look older because you have less fat to "puff out" the wrinkles..lol.. any thoughts on this?

I guess everyones face is different but with me when I am heavier I look older bcuz it makes my face sag a bit. I know that when I loose another 15 lbs I will look 25 instead of 36
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It helped me. Someone thought I was 18. I am 30!

I am 32, and if someone thought I was 18....First thing i would do is the HAPPY DANCE and then brag to all my friends..(joking, kinda) .. Seriously, Thats awesome!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I too look much OLDER in my face shots. I do eat better and notice a difference in my skin, hair and nails. However, I also notice a drastic difference in the amount of loose, SAGGY skin everywhere....including my FACE. Oh well, it's a price I'm willing to pay to own my own HEALTH.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how you lose the weight and what your diet consist of.

I had gotten to a point when I was no longer carded and just thought, well I am am getting older....

Now, I have been carded 3 times in the last year...which I think is rediculous and pretty funny. The person is genuninely shocked when I pull my ID out.
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Everyone always tells me that I look younger now... I guess it depends on the person. :)
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I switched! I look much younger xD

Me at 14:
    FxCam_1301699826268.jpg

Now me almost 21:
    FxCam_1297660415744-1.jpg

Wow, that is impressive.. you look 15.. =)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I feel younger....and I am so much healthier. To me that is what counts, to be around for my family!!
  • lnguyen578
    Options
    Yes it does! I used to look SUPER old haha, this was me at 237 and now 142
    before.jpg
    after.jpg
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    In this shot, yes you do, I'm not being rude, I'm just being honest.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    It does take age off you...that's why I would always suggest doing cardio along with strength training throughout your journey....Helps tone while losing....Huge difference...

It even makes you dress different.....

IMG_3342-2-2.jpg
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Some people look younger, some look older, just depends on you.......

This. I've seen people either way x
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Everybody associates slim and lean figure with young age. You fit in cuter clothes, look sexier. Nobody believes me that I'm 37 with 6 kids, even though I might have more expressions wrinkles in my face then if I would have 50 pounds more. And most importantly, you will feel younger, and isn't it what is most important?
  • LauraJWStevenson
    LauraJWStevenson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A man thought I was my grand daughters mother at the park the other day. I just thought he needed an appointment with the eye doctor! :laugh: I still a healthier me...my daughter says I glow. I have no clue? But I feel better....from the inside. That is all that matter to me "AT MY AGE". LOL!!! :tongue:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    It does take age off you...that's why I would always suggest doing cardio along with strength training throughout your journey....Helps tone while losing....Huge difference...

It even makes you dress different.....

IMG_3342-2-2.jpg

Wow your beautiful! Amazing body!!! That's the kind of body I would love! X
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I think it depends partly on your diet and how quickly you lose the weight. I have a friend who lost 50 lbs. over a few months, and she has lots of bags and wrinkles, so she looks much older. I lost 35 lbs. over 12 mos., and people tell me I definitely look younger. I think it also has to do with that great smile and twinkle in the eye that people get when they have become fit. I tell everyone that I have found the secret to reversing aging, and it is called "exercise." I feel at least 20 years younger than my actual age. Guess how old I am without checking my profile.
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just updated my photo with a thinner version....and I definitely think I look MUCH MUCH older :(
    Aprilpic08-05-10-1.jpg
    2012-04-20-40826-3.jpg

I don't think you look older...it's just that the before picture is a close up and the after picture is from farther away.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on the skin type. Some people look older because their face is too drawn in and it shows up their wrinkles -- hence the reason why botox exists! Others have "elastic type" skin where they look younger when they lose weight.