THAT Time *sigh*

Options
Ladies this is for you. If you are a guy fair warning you may want to stop reading and run for your life.

Ok Ladies help me out. Its THAT time again. You know that one time out of the month where you feel like you could eat every last food item in your house AND your neighbor's too and still not find that one thing that is causing your munchies? Its been THAT time for 2 days now and so far i have blown my new life style all to hell :explode: ! I had Pizza, Taco Bell, Starbucks Chocolate, and on top of all that M&M cookies...3 of them. :frown: I won't even TELL you about the brownie bites. On top of all that i haven't exercised any either because I have felt really exhausted lol. So here is my question: Does anyone have any tips, tricks, suggestions to stop this binge eating next month? I am so ashamed of what I have done this time I don't think I can take a Replay next month lol. Also does anyone else have this problem?

Any help is welcome;
Bonnie

Replies

• BigGirlB2008
    BigGirlB2008 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ladies this is for you. If you are a guy fair warning you may want to stop reading and run for your life.

Ok Ladies help me out. Its THAT time again. You know that one time out of the month where you feel like you could eat every last food item in your house AND your neighbor's too and still not find that one thing that is causing your munchies? Its been THAT time for 2 days now and so far i have blown my new life style all to hell :explode: ! I had Pizza, Taco Bell, Starbucks Chocolate, and on top of all that M&M cookies...3 of them. :frown: I won't even TELL you about the brownie bites. On top of all that i haven't exercised any either because I have felt really exhausted lol. So here is my question: Does anyone have any tips, tricks, suggestions to stop this binge eating next month? I am so ashamed of what I have done this time I don't think I can take a Replay next month lol. Also does anyone else have this problem?

Any help is welcome;
    Bonnie
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Holy Taco Bell Batman that sounds just like me!:explode: it makes me so mad that I can go all month doing so well - and then just because of hormones - I cannot control myself for several days during "that time". If anyone has any suggestions - I would love to hear them! I have not been able to control it except that I am a stay at home mom - so I try not to bring the junk into the house - that way it isn't there for me to eat - and since I don't really leave the house often - I can't stop at fast food or anything. But that does not make it fool proof as the mass quantity of food that I can put away is just unexcusable!! I can out eat my husband at times. That is very sad as he outweighs me by 120 lbs!!

can't wait to hear if anyone has any suggestions. I hope it helps to know you are not alone!1:flowerforyou:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have the EXACT same problem. I have completely stopped buying cookies, chocolate, chips, etc. and that does seem to help to an extent. If my husband or daughter want some goodies, they can go out and get them themselves!

I use ricotta cheese and I mix some of that with a tsp of blueberry jam and it really helps when I want something sweet. Find something that you like to substitue your cravings that is not as bad for you as fast food, etc. I am not in the US, so I don't have these things, but if I were, I would get the skinny cow snacks, low cal goodies, etc. Then when you give in to your cravings, at least it's with something low-cal.

And keep the junk out of your house!! If it's there, you (AND ME) WILL eat it! Your entire family will benefit in the long run as well.
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I usually try to buy a huge watermelon that week! Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, any watery fruit I can. I cut it up and store it in the fridge, huge tupperware containers mind you. When I feel it coming on, grab a fork and dig in. Way less guilt!
  • BigGirlB2008
    Options
    It sure is good to know i am not alone lol. I live with my parents right now and my brother orders A LOT of Pizza lol. And my sis brings a lot of fast food home. ( which is where the pizza and taco bell came from hehe ) so its hard not to give in. The cookies were for the non dieters in the house my mom bought them and golly did they look good lol. I might have to get some more sweet but low cal and sugar snacks to keep hehe. I made sure to punish myself and enter in EVERYTHING I hate so there was no denying what i did :blushing: At the end of the month when i recap there is going to be a huge spike.
  • BigGirlB2008
    Options
    Oh fruit now thats a good idea! I love fruit so that would be very conforting to eat something i love but it not be chocolate lol
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Hmm .. well I dont have any answers, I am on Depo Provera * big gasp from lots of people* but it works for me, no period , no cycle, no munchies.

The reasoning for the extra tiredness, fatigue, exhaustion is well ...most likely the sugar your craving. All that sugar and carbs gives ya a little boost , but then ya crash and crash hard leaving yourself week and tired. I am no expert , I only speak from experience. I deffinately feel more alert when Im eatting as I should, aposed to binging on sweets and potatoe chips. Good luck with this.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I just had this problem, and went to McDonalds and ended up 900 calories over in one day. :blushing:

It was only one day, so I just brushed it off. And I figured, I used to eat like that every day! So at least I am really improving. I like the watermelon idea! And make sure you drink your 8 glasses of water, that should fill you up a little!

I think we all need to find healthier versions of our cheats. It's hard to beat that temptation to go out for fast food, though!
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hmm .. well I dont have any answers, I am on Depo Provera * big gasp from lots of people* but it works for me, no period , no cycle, no munchies.

The reasoning for the extra tiredness, fatigue, exhaustion is well ...most likely the sugar your craving. All that sugar and carbs gives ya a little boost , but then ya crash and crash hard leaving yourself week and tired. I am no expert , I only speak from experience. I deffinately feel more alert when Im eatting as I should, aposed to binging on sweets and potatoe chips. Good luck with this.

im on that too. it's great i think.