What blender do you suggest?

Options
I am looking for suggestions on a smoothie blender that can chop up frozen fruit.

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Honeslty, I'd just get the one that's on sale. I have a $20 one that I bought in Family Dollar years ago that pulverizes forzen fruit just like my moms $100 Kitchen Aid.
  • gominnesotawild
    gominnesotawild Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought a Ninja Master Prep Pro at Sams Club for $50 and I love it! You can crush ice down to snow. It has four different containers (three differnet sizes). The small one is great for herbs, onions, garlic, etc. It's good for non-healthy things also like margaritas! :D
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I bought a Ninja Master Prep Pro at Sams Club for $50 and I love it! You can crush ice down to snow. It has four different containers (three differnet sizes). The small one is great for herbs, onions, garlic, etc. It's good for non-healthy things also like margaritas! :D

I also love my ninja blender, I wouldn't buy anything else. You can get it at wal-mart
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I heard Wal-mart has one that's like the "bullet" that's advertised on TV. It has different cups that you can change out too and it's $18 here in Florida. I plan on getting one soon :)
  • wd773
    wd773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    vitamix!!!!! is a little price but worth every penny
  • sgraves06
    sgraves06 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I actually found a nice "serving size" blender at GNC. It is very similar to the Magic Bullet, but has 3 small cups, 2 large cups, with lids and a juicer. It is great for on the go. When I am in a rush, I just bring it to work with me, and make my smoothie before I start work. I got it on sale at GNC for $29.00.

Happy hunting :)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Hamilton Beach Personal Blender. It’s 15-something at WalMart, but I showed them that Sears has it on sale for $9.99 & they priced matched it! (I used the Red laser app) I came home & made a frozen Chunky Monkey! Worked great!
  • Jgen62
    Jgen62 Posts: 66
    Options
    Thank you everyone:)
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    My cheap one works well for smoothies. Chops ice, frozen berries, etc. I don't think you need anything too fancy for smoothies.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    We have $29 hamilton beach works great fro smoothies. We also have the Ninja Pro 1100 and we gave away our juicer and bread machine because it does all that and makes ice cream, PB, you name it. A little pricey (we had a gift certificate for part of it) but worth it.
  • MrsDRS54
    MrsDRS54 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    VitaMix is the way to go if you can budget for it!
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I heard Wal-mart has one that's like the "bullet" that's advertised on TV. It has different cups that you can change out too and it's $18 here in Florida. I plan on getting one soon :)

I've got this one and it works great for my smoothies. Its GE I believe, I'd have to go look. I use frozen fruit all the time in it. It does say to keep the pieces around 1", but I know I've used larger pieces sometimes.

My parents have a ninja though, and when this one dies I will be getting a ninja. I think I would spend the extra $$ and get the ninja.