Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Endomondo Vs. Others?

So, since I started out using myfitnesspal, both through web and my smartphone app, I was hungry for more fitness related apps. Especially, I need a good app for cycling and running, since those are my main activities. So, I'm curious - do any of you guys use apps which are fitness related? Include good and bad stuff about the app...

I'm so happy I those to install myfitnesspal as app, otherwise I wouldn't have lost weight this far - and started exercising again. I get my motivation from numbers and friendships to be honest and I get both here. Now I'd like to add up with some good non-food related workout-apps. (^^)

I found this app called Endomondo - but I'm not sure if it's all that good when it is the free version.

Replies

• LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 236 Member
    I use the free endomondo. I've never had an issue with it. I really like it :)
  • alemap67
    alemap67 Posts: 13
    I use Endomondo, just the free version, i'm happy with it. got my dad to use it too and he loves it.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    i use the free version. really like it. prefer it to runkeeper
  • mary_kate23
    mary_kate23 Posts: 156
    i have the paid version of endomoto, it was on special for a 10 cent app one day. love it love it love it!
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    I use it too. I used the free one for a while and it's such a great app i bought the paid version to help support the developers. It alerts you when your friends are exercising and you can send them motivation while they're hitting it.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    I use endomondo free version. I like it. Sometimes I use runkeeper too. Sometimes simultaneously to compare :)
  • mono08
    mono08 Posts: 27 Member
    I have used the free Endomondo and LOVED it...then when they had the Pro version for $0.10, I got it, I still love it and use it all the time! It really is no different than the free version that I can see; at least what I'm using it for. I love the challenges you can create for your friends or others. Or just joining challenges to keep you motivated. If you join other global challenges though, don't let those who are in the top spots intimidate you.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I use Endomondo, too. Had the free version and upgraded to the pay version....but to be honest the free version is just as good.
  • JoolieW68
    It alerts you when your friends are exercising and you can send them motivation while they're hitting it.

It does? I have the Pro version....how do you set that up? And what smartphone are you using it on?
  • L33TBl0nde
    L33TBl0nde Posts: 54 Member
    When you use Endomondo, how do you track calories? By having special tracker yourself?... I suppose you need something yourself, to track.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    I upload my info from my Garmin and put in workouts to keep track of weeks and all that, but I don't have a smartphone, so I use the web. It's actually a pretty good tool to keep track of your workouts, see statistics over time, and connect with friends. I also use Runkeeper, because I like the layout for running stats better, but Endomondo has a wider range of activities.

And it tells you how many burgers you've burned.

Om nom.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 388 Member
    I use Endomondo.. love it! Free version! I only wish I didn't have to convert everything from km to miles.. does anyone know how to change that??
  • JoolieW68
    And it tells you how many burgers you've burned.

Om nom.

I've burned 192 :smile:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Another vote for Endomondo, here. Was worried earlier this week that I would have to switch to another app, but my worries were unfounded. Been using it for a few years and it's always been fantastic.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I use Endomondo.. love it! Free version! I only wish I didn't have to convert everything from km to miles.. does anyone know how to change that??

It's just under settings, by your name.